[16]

Brightly colored banners were strung over shops, over houses, and pretty much anywhere else that was possible. The banners were colors like red, blue, orange, yellow, and many more colors that reminded you of the Kingdom's houses and cottages. 

[Name] laughed and walked through the kingdom square. People were stringing up fairy lights and sweeping dust off sidewalks. Everyone was cleaning windows and doors. She could tell it was a special festival.

What was it for, though? 

[Name] had kept walking for so long that she had left the kingdom square area and came to an area where individual cottages lay. Even though everyone would be celebrating in the kingdom square area, people still made an effort to clean and decorate their houses more than they usually were. 

A heavy scent wafted through the air. It smelled warm, sweet. Sugary. Like... 

"Hello, dear! Would you like to try a piece of this peach pie?" Came a lovely voice. [Name] looked up to see a sweet looking middle aged woman holding a piece of pie up.

"I would love to, thank you!" She giggled as she stabbed a fork in it gently. 

It was so warm and cinnamonn-y. The second [Name] put it in her mouth, she could taste the fruit and sugar chorusing through her taste buds. 

"This. Is. Amazing. Did you make this?" [Name] smiled. 

"Yes dear, I did!" 

[Name] made little conversation with the lady, and she was very polite. She also found out that the festival marked the day that the king, Matthias's dad, had proposed to the queen. 

"I am very glad that our king chose you to be his queen! You definitely are a sweet, young lady. And quite beautiful, too! You two would have adorable children." The woman said, brushing a piece of [h/c] hair out of her face. 

"Wh-What?! I'm not the queen!" [Name] almost choked on air. 

"Oh, don't be like that. You know the soon-to be king is going to marry you. Word has gotten around about how he stayed by your side the whole time-and how you helped heal him from a deadly disease. People talk about how when he looks at you, there's nothing but love in those eyes." She said, dreamily looking up in the sky. "I just love the idea of young love. I wish you guys good luck!" 

[Name] blushed darkly and waved a little. 

"Bye, my queen!" She said, closing the door. Stumbling a little more down the pathway, [Name] came across children picking flowers. The flowers were pretty colors, mostly pink and white. 

"Excuse me miss, can you please come here?" One little girl called. [Name] smiled and leaned down, and she stuck a beautiful flower in [Name]'s [h/c] hair. 

"You look so pretty!" She giggled. 

[Name] grinned back and in return, placed a beautiful white flower in her hair. 

She blushed a little. "Thank you..." She mumbled shyly. [Name] picked her up, twirled her around, and kissed her head. 

"You're welcome!" 

[Name] then saw something that made your heart elevate in excitement. A huge field of flowers. 

She dashed towards it, kicking off her shoes in the process so she could feel the soft grass on her skin. The [e/c] eyed girl frolicked through the fields, and when she got tired, she simply stood in the middle, staring off into the distance. 

A soft breeze blew her skirt slightly, and she felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her.

"Hey..." A soft voice said from behind her.