8.

Louis' POV

"Lou?" Someone asked. "Are you okay?" It was Harry.
Louis shook his head as he sobbed into Harry's shirt. He felt Harry's big hands on his back, trying to calm him down. Louis was grateful these memories hadn't come up without Harry being there as that would probably have send him into much more than this crying fit. He wasn't usually one to panic, but remembering this was  a different story. The flashbacks felt so real, he could feel the hands on his face, smell the mixture of alcohol and blood, mixed with the disgusting odor of burning tooth, the excruciating pain. These flashbacks had haunted him for weeks after, literally every time he closed his eyes he could feel that pain again, feel the panic rise in his chest. All he could do to help was write music. When he wrote his mind was taken somewhere else. Even right now, in Harry's arms, feeling the body of his loving boyfriend holding him close he was writing something in his head. Just a melody, very simple, but it worked. 
Louis opened his eyes and looked at Harry. That killed him, he had never seen Harry this worried. 

"Lou?" Harry asked. Was he in tears? 
"Don't cry, Haz. Please don't." Louis said softly, brushing off the tear that had just fallen down Harry's dimply cheeks. 
"How could anyone hurt you like that?" 
Louis shrugged. He didn't want to analyse that man.
"I wish I could erase those memories..." Harry said, his eyes still filled with tears.
Louis didn't know what to say. 'yeah, same?' that was a little harsh, wasn't it? Of course Louis would have liked to erase those memories, replace them with normal ones. It wasn't that easy, though. This would always stick with him. Every time he'd think of Harry as a dentist he'd see a piece of that man in him, no matter how hard he tired. He didn't want to talk about any of this, though. He didn't want Harry to know how scared Louis actually felt of him when it came to that situation.
"I'm going to cook. Will you join me in the kitchen?" Harry asked, still not quite back to his normal, sweet and amazingly deep voice. 
"Sure. I'm not hungry, though." Louis agreed. 
"If you have some of the food I'm making you'll get another Vicodin?" Harry offered hopeful. 
That sounded great, the throbbing in Louis tooth was getting worse by the minute and ibuprofen really didn't do much anymore. 

Harry made some food while Louis babbled about some football game to distract the both of them. Harry from mentioning this or thinking of Louis freaking out and Louis from the pain he was in. He really didn't want to think about his stupid dentist for a while. 

The rest of the day went by slow. They didn't do much, Louis tried to write a bit while Harry read some sort of torture magazine and eventually they went to sleep.

"Hold still, I said!" the dentist practically screamed. "Aren't you supposed to be an adult? For fuck sake, hold still." He stopped the drill and just as Louis was about to gasp for air, thinking he was finally done the assistant handed over something that looked like a small pipe cleaner. This was where the real pain started. 
If Louis thought he had just endured the worst pain in his life he had been wrong, this was so much worse. The dentist rammed the file into the tooth making Louis jump. The pain was in his jaw, it was like someone put a hot dagger into an infected wound. Louis was breathing hectically now, clenching his chest. 
"God, you're worse than the five year old before you. Take it like a man." The assistant said, holding his head in a tight grip so he couldn't move when the dentist pushed the file up and down, pain radiating through Louis entire body with every one of those moves. 
Louis gave up the fight at that point. He gripped the armrest as hard as he could and waited for it to be over. It didn't stop, though. Again and again the dentist would ask for another one of those stupid files, getting more aggressive as time progressed. 

"Louis? Lou, can you hear me?" 
"Don't hurt me, please, don't hurt me!" Louis screamed. He felt a hug hand on his shoulder and shying away quickly. 
"It's Harry. I'm Harry, you're okay. It was a dream, I'm here." Harry whispered and Louis let himself be pulled into a warm hug. 
"He was there and then... It hurt." 
"Shhhh, I'm here. You're okay, lovely. No one's going to hurt you. I'm here." Harry said, running his fingers through Louis' hair.
Louis took comfort in the musky smell of his boyfriend and his breathing slowed down eventually. "I can't do it, Harry."