Legend of the green dragon

And on the left is what inspired me to inspire you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laimon sighed and brushed his dirty blonde hair out of his face. Over three months of roughing it in the wilderness to warn this very city of an attack and this is what he got. With a frustrated shout he turned and stomped across the drawbridge. The huge dragon, his emerald scales as dirty as the humans' clothing looked down at the elf with concern in his ancient yellow eyes.

"You're troubled." It was a statement not a question.

"Yes," Laimon answered truthful. "I don't want to see this place destroyed."

"Why?" The dragon asked. "They turned you away. If anything happened the blame would not be yours."

That was true. Laimon knew it was. Everything the dragon said was true. But something still bothered him. Something he couldn't quite grasp. Finally, he spoke. "There are innocent people in there. People who would not have turned us away if they had any say in the matter."

The great beast nodded. "Good. You aren't giving up."

Now Laimon was truly confused. "What?"

The dragon bowed his head and looked him in the eye. It was an experience not many mortals were permitted be they human, elf, dwarf, or fey. "It was a test my dear elf. Only a coward or fool would turn back now and you are neither."

"I'm glad you have such faith in me."

The dragon threw back his head and laughed. It was a great laugh, an odd rumbling sound that sounded like thunder. "Come then Master Laimon, we shall speak to the king if we have to batter down the doors!"

Laimon chuckled. "As long as I have a part in it!" This ought to be fun.