Chapter Two

SAGE.

“What’s up with you?” Cassie asked as I stood on the round platform step in front of the three large floor length mirrors.

I shook my head, “Nothing, just tired and over trying on dress after dress,” I smiled. We’d been at it for more than three hours, all the other bridesmaids couldn’t agree on the same dress. I thought they all looked pretty.

She laughed, “Oh you love it, and secretly I think you enjoy all this dressing up don’t you?”

“Yes, I think you’re right. My main goal in life is to play dress ups,” I giggled back as I slid the straps down and tucked them under my arms, “I prefer strapless. It looks younger on me this way, not too old.”

Cassie nodded, agreeing and came closer. “I like the colour on you as well, the cream goes with your tanned skin,” I then noticed her eyes going wide, “Oh my god what is that!”

“What?” I asked, backing away from her as she came closer.

“Sage, are those hickeys?” she grabbed my arm, pulling me closer and pulled the top of the dress down a little more, I groaned. They were still there, and still a deep purple colour, he definitely sucked on me hard.

I tried to deny it, “No they’re just bruises from books that fell on me at the library.”

She raised a brow at me, “Uh huh, don’t try lie to me. I can’t believe you, you little tart. Who was he and when? Oh don’t you dare say it what when you went out. Sage, you hooked up with a random guy?”

I lifted the dress back up and rolled my eyes, “I’m 21, not nine. I can have fun if I want.”

“Since when do you have fun like that? Please tell me you were safe,” she asked, lowering the last part so the other bridesmaids didn’t hear as they came out from the changing room.

I nodded, “Course we were. I’m not stupid.”

My stomach churned. I wasn’t on the pill and he didn’t use anything. God, I felt sick. I kept a fake smile on but all I wanted to do was burst into tears. What if I was pregnant? I couldn’t be. I doubted it, he probably did use something and I just can’t remember. My mind was still a little fuzzy, all I could remember was these damn sex bruises that he gave me. I do remember his smile, and his dark blue bedroom, fuck me eyes. They were hard to forget.

I’d been dreaming of them for the past five days.

The other girls bitched and moaned about looking too fat or not looking good enough, I couldn’t care. My head was now elsewhere and it would be until I got my period in a couple weeks. I couldn’t believe I had been so careless to not think of something as important as that.

Fuck my life right now.

The dress fittings went well after Cassie told them all to suck it up and wear what they were told, we all ended up with floor length Grecian style gowns, the three other girls had their straps on differently as I kept with a strapless, but we all had the same colour dress.