Chapter Twenty Four

SAGE.

I kept my eyes shut as a little hand played with my lips, a set of slobbery lips were on my mouth and my eyes flew open. Oliver holding in his laugh as Meadow gave me morning kisses. Our first night camping, went well. Meadow slept between Ollie and I, only waking once for a drink and then she went back to sleep.

“Morning love,” Ollie said huskily, when Meadow laid down he lifted his head and gave me a kiss.

I loved mornings with him. Him and her.

“Morning to you too, sleep well?” I asked, kissing him back.

He nodded. Sliding his hand up over my wait. “I did, although I had a foot in my stomach and hand over my face most the night,” he chuckled.

Laughing softly with him, “She’s not very still, I missed having your arms around me. You keep me warm.”

“You were cold?” he asked.

“No, I’m warm right now,” I whispered softly.

Meadow was trying to eat my boob, her hands pulling the straps and sooking a little. Oliver kissed her cheek and reached over, undoing my bra strap after someone flicked it with her hands to get her morning milk. She was going to hate it when I stopped feeding her this way soon. I didn’t want her teeth biting into my skin.

Oliver let out a yawn and a grin broke across his face as well as a soft laugh when the little girl between us let out a loud blast of pops from her behind. “Well good morning to you too, thumper bum,” he said kissing the back of her head.

“What’s the plan for today?” I asked.

Ollie’s eyes widened. “Shit, I forgot to mention. Greyson wants to go fishing so he and I and the other guys expect Daniel are heading down the beach a bit. You don’t mind?”

“Not at all. Going to catch fish for dinner?” I asked, loving that he was asking me if I minded.

“I hope to baby. Are you going to be alright back here?” he asked.

Ugh, Amy was still lurking around and playing more mind games. Last night, she ate alone in her tent. I don’t even think she ate, I think she just stuck to her bottle of wine. Daniel was being weird, giving me lots of playful smiles. Julia, she wasn’t talking to anyone. My god, her and Haddon got into it big time last night, Oliver and I took the boys down to the beach while they tried to sort their argument out and built sandcastles. They were adorable, I did blush when they called me Auntie Sage. Oliver just kissed my cheek and smiled, making me feel relaxed about the whole thing.

“I will be. Cassie and I might go for a walk or something, there’s a walking track,” I smiled. “I like it out here, apart from the obvious person who won’t leave.”

“I know babe. I’m sorry, I know you must be uncomfortable and annoyed.” Keeping silent, I stared at the side of the tent. Avoiding his gaze, I was annoyed. Spending a weekend with his ex-wife wasn’t something I would volunteer doing. When I looked back at him I just broke the gaze again. He knew it wasn’t enjoyable for me. “We should leave today. We could go and stay somewhere else?”