Chapter Fourteen

SAGE.

I walked out of the house and let the warm soft breeze hit my skin. Making my way towards the main house, I was really excited, so happy right now.

Hearing everyone talking and the smell of pastries and summer fruits flowed underneath my nostrils as I entered the large kitchen. Wearing a maxi dress, it was the only thing I could wear without feeling too uncomfortable other than my yoga sweats and a maternity bra or a tank top. I wore then a lot when I was alone and let my stomach hang out. The restriction of clothing just made me feel tight and bloated.

“Aww, you look gorgeous!” Cassie smiled, snapping a photo of me.

I laughed, turning on my side as she motioned for me to do so she could take another photograph of my pregnant stomach. I looked at her dress and grinned, “As do you.”

She giggled, “I know. You get your looks from me anyway. Ok, no more pics for now. I need to save the battery life.”

“Always the one to take credit,” I teased as she hugged me.

Dad walked over and wrapped his arm around me, he had a plate of food in his free hand, “Picked a name yet? I’d like to call my granddaughter something other than ladybug.”

Cassie laughed loudly. “Dad, that’s the name Sage picked,” she gave me a wink to tease out father.

“Of course it isn’t, dear god you’re going to give me a heart attack you two. Now I need to go before you mother catches me sneaking the food away,” he kissed us both on the cheek and went to his office, it was a girls only morning.

Being blindfolded I was led into the living room, I could hear some hushed whispers and wondered what was going on. The cover was ripped off and I was met with the rest of my family, all women of course. Cousins, aunts, both grandmas and of course Greyson. I smiled big, feeling slightly overwhelmed at everything. I looked around, everything was decorated with pink and very girly.

“Welcome to your baby shower darling,” mum said, coming over and kissing me gently on the cheek.

Gifts, oh god did I receive some amazing gifts. The amazing things people had brought, and gosh the tiny clothing. They were all so adorable, I loved each and every one thing so much. To my surprise mum and Cassie had brought me a pram, the one I wanted to get. Phil and Ted’s.

I wanted to push it around the house and I had been doing just that, even with a small teddy bear inside. Plus carting everything back to my home was easier than carrying everything.

Playing so many games today had me worn out, from laughing mostly. My sister trying to fold a cloth diaper was pretty damn funny. “That’s it, I’m never having kids!” she announced and toss it away from her.

I couldn’t fold a cloth nappy if I tried, I was sticking with the disposable ones.

“You look so well for almost nine months Sage, are you all ready for the big day?” My cousin Ellie asked, she was the cousin we all weren’t too fond up but put up with her for the sake of it.

I rubbed my stomach when I got a big kick, smiling at her. “I can’t wait.” I couldn’t, I was so excited to have her here and in my arms.

She put her hand over my belly and rubbed, funnily the kicking stopped. She pouted a little and sighed, “We’ve all been warned not to mention the baby daddy, do you know who he is or was it just a random hook up?”

My insides tensed up, “I know who he is.”

I knew damn well who the father is and I wouldn’t be intimidated about it.