Chapter Six

SAGE.

“Oh my god, you’re getting married tomorrow!” I grinned, jumping up and down on the large bed with my sister who was equally excited as I was.

Cassie laughed, “I know, I can’t wait for this night to hurry up and be over with.”

“You’ve had too much to drink, I need to stop or I’m going to fall off the bed,” I held her forearms to try steady myself again.

I was either going to fall off the bed or throw up, my pregnancy was still a hidden secret. It was easier said than done to tell my mother about. I couldn’t muster up the courage to break her heart and tell her that her youngest daughter had gone, shagged a random and ended up pregnant to him.

Cassie jumped off the bed and picked her flute of champagne up, “You’re not drinking why?” she asked, taking a large sip.

Another day, another lie. “I’m remaining sober so I can enjoy your wedding, as your maid of honour I have lots to do tomorrow and making sure your drunken ass is sober enough to walk down the aisle is my main priority.”

“Good call, oh god I should sleep. Tony is probably freaking out, I’m waiting for him to call and say he’s got cold feet.”

I laughed, “Nope, I got him some socks to wear, in case he does gets cold feet. He’s fine and going to show up.”

“What time are the girls getting here tomorrow morning? What time do we have to leave to go to the church?”

I wanted to slap her across the face, this was her wedding that she had planned very carefully. How was I meant to know when we had to leave? “Mum will be here at 7, then the girls arrive at 8. Hair and makeup is at half eight and then we get dressed. If you’re getting married at half eleven then we leave fifteen or so before that. It’s not far away.”

“I love you, I don’t know what I’d do without you,” she smiled, finishing off her champagne.

“Love you too, now go get into bed and sleep. You want to wake up looking pretty and refreshed, not like you normally do,” I cheekily grinned, heading to my room before she tortured me in her own evil way.

Lying in bed I just stared at the ceiling. My hands slowly slid from the side of my thighs upwards to my stomach, resting gently. I hadn’t seen a doctor, I was too scared too. Knowing that once he confirmed it, it would be real. I was kind of hoping for a period to arrive, but it didn’t. Each day went by and I only became more and more nauseous.

Daniel had begun to text me, asking to catch up sometime soon again. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do that. I was just getting used to him being around. Between thoughts of the unknown baby growing inside of me and my ex, I began to drift off and fall asleep.

Waking to a banging on the door, loud squeals and girls giggling and laughing. I sat up way too fast and held my forehead, glancing at the clock. I had slept in, it was almost after 8.

“Shit,” I hissed, getting out of bed and walking out to where my sister and the others were.

“Oh hello sleepy head,” Mum smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek. “Are you feeling ok? You look pale.”

“I’m ok, just got up too fast that’s all,” I yawned, hugging her and resting my head to her shoulder as she ran her fingertips through my hair softly.

Cassie looked over from her chair at the table, eating strawberries and champagne. “Morning, looks like you woke up looking like hell not me.”

I poked my tongue out at her and closed my eyes, trying to overcome the round of nausea I felt.