Chapter 2

Elijah looked at her with a smug expression. "Miss Sariel Angelus" he spelled her name slowly and softly as if tasting how it felt on is tongue. Truth be told, she liked the way he spelled her name. For the first time in many years she found herself blushing.

"Are you blushing?" Holly asked her, her eyes filled with disbelief. Her other friends had similar expressions as well.

She did not bother to pay attention to them. She was only looking at the owner of dark eyes who had made her name sound so sensual and had made her blush in front of her entire class.

"It's a difficult question to answer Miss Angelus. One's beliefs are based on personal experiences. And in my life so far, I have yet to come across Dracula. So I can't really say that I believe in that story" he replied intelligently. His answer was not really a lie as he was talking only about Count Dracula and not the entire race of vampires. Sariel was impressed 'at least he did not lie to her' she thought.

His answers earned another round of giggles and chuckles to erupt from the mass of students present in the class. Even Miss Sullivan seemed impressed by his answer. Sariel was smiling again; his answer had made her smile. 'He is indeed good' she thought to herself.

He smiled with the class. Then he turned towards her and asked her the question she was dreading he would ask "What about you Sariel? Do you believe in Vampires?" he asked with a playful grin on his lips.

She looked at him and thought what she should answer. Being the kind of person she was, she could not lie. She never lied, not about this, not about anything. She sighed and nodded her head, accepting the truth. "Yes. I do" she replied.

Her answer earned her surprised and confused looks from her batch mates. But as usual she ignored them for now. Elijah raised his eyebrows; he hadn't thought she would accept the truth without any hesitation. "Why do you believe that they exist?" he asked, intrigued by her answer. Moreover he wanted to know how she would answer this question.

"Like you said Mr Mikaelson, one's beliefs are based on personal experiences." She replied vaguely, hinting him about that day a century back when their paths had crossed.

He got the hint and smiled at her. He remembered the day very clearly. But before he could say anything further, he was interrupted by Miss Sullivan. She was silent until now but she could not hold her tongue any longer "Elaborate what you mean" she ordered her pupil with a stern look.

Sariel nodded, she shifted her gaze towards him "I was working a part time job, as a waitress at this local pub a few years back. One day while doing my job, I came across a strange guy. He didn't order anything. He just came and took one of the corner seats. He looked different than others and he had this aura that said 'dangerous'." she paused and looked around.

Everyone was listening to her with attention and interest. "A fight broke in the pub a few minutes later. That guy somehow managed to injure everyone else, single handily. There were at least half a dozen people fighting against him and yet he mortally wounded them, with ease. He was too powerful to be human. What he did that night, no human could ever achieve it. That's how I know he was not human. He was something else" she stated. Nostalgia could be found in her eyes. Everyone in the class was stunned by her revelation. They wanted to prod her further but thought better of it and kept their mouth shut.

"Do you still not believe in Vampires?" she asked smugly.

Elijah looked at her with an intense expression. It appeared that he was speechless and he did not know why he was speechless. He shook his head nonchalantly "I don't know what to believe Miss Angelus. I like to be sceptical" he answered.

She opened her mouth to retort but one of the students beat her to it. "Does it necessarily have to be a vampire? That guy could be any other supernatural creature, right?" they asked.