Flashbacks (15) Part 1

Read A/N at the end. I request you humbly.

Elijah's Redemption

Flashbacks (15) Part 1

“What are you doing here Niklaus?” Elijah asked calmly.  It had been a while since he last saw his brother or any other family member. Ever since the day he had left Mystic Falls, after the whole incident concerning their mother, he had neither the energy nor courage to face his family. He was seeing Klaus for the first time. It was not just his family he was running from but also himself.

“What no pleasantries then?” Klaus asked, with faux sadness. His brother was always like that, with his mismatched sense of humour.

“No” Elijah replied flatly. He was in no mood for idle chit chat. “What are you doing here?” he asked again, but more seriously this time. Even though he was his family, yet Klaus could not be trusted. Especially when there was a chance that he might hurt Sariel. He wanted to keep her identity a secret. In order to do so, he had to throw Klaus out as soon as he could.

Niklaus smirked, the very smirk he was known worldwide for. It was a dead giveaway to his intentions which was anything but good “We will get to that in a little bit. But first, I would like to ask you about the girl upstairs” he replied, as if he read Elijah’s thought.

“What about her?” he asked coolly.

“I am hungry” Klaus teased

“She is not the dinner” he stated calmly. It was not an option. Elijah loved his brother more than anything in the world. He knew him inside out. Klaus hid behind his dark soul trying to run away from the loneliness that they were cursed with. They both were well aware of it. Their parent’s betrayal hurt more than anything and through all the mess they had still found each other’s company desirable. They were brothers after all.

His love for his brother was the only thing keeping him from attacking Klaus. Elijah did not want to fight with his brother, not when he was not showing any signs of harm. But if Klaus took even one step in the wrong direction, he would find Elijah in his path. Elijah could not let his own brother’s soul be damned even more than it already was. Killing a half angel was not something he wanted up Klaus’ sleeves.

“Why not?” Klaus inquired mockingly, with an honest expression of curiosity.

Why not indeed? Elijah asked himself. Was he really protecting her for Klaus’ soul or was it something else? Elijah shook his head; he was doing this to protect Klaus’ soul and nothing else he thought, trying to assure himself. For reasons he was not ready to accept just yet, he did want any harm to come upon Sariel, sure. It was the other reason, the secondary one. His main motive was his brother’s soul. ‘That’s right, Klaus, not Sariel’ he thought.

Elijah looked at him blankly. “Because.” He muttered relaxing a little. If Klaus wanted to do something lethal, he would have not waited this long. He was clearly there for other reasons and had probably let go of the thoughts of murdering the maiden sleeping upstairs. 

 “I have a right to expect a reason, brother” Klaus sneered.

Elijah chuckled darkly “No you don’t.” He replied dismissing his right.

Klaus moved from the hallway to seat himself on one of the empty couches lying around in the lavishly decorated room. “Don’t be like that” Klaus’ eyes roamed over the room appreciatively. He liked what he saw. Elijah had a taste of lavishness, just like him. They both did not mind living like the royalty they were. They were the original family, the very reason of existence of vampires, the monarchs of the vampire society. It was their right to live like kings.