Chapter 6

A stroll through the city’s mall had proven itself to be a wrong decision for Sariel. Her friends had persuaded her that she needed some fresh clothing in her wardrobe, now that she was dating Elijah. Her contact with him had led her friends to believe that she was indeed dating the guy. She had tried her best to make them understand that they were only friends and nothing else, but it was in vain. In fact they had not talked since the day he had called her to ask whether he still was protected from the witches. That was the last time she had talked to him.

When the guys had heard that the girls were going on a shopping spree, they invited themselves as well. In the end the number of clothing items that were decided for her to buy had proved to be a little too much. The cost of it all was above her pay grade.

Among the hustle-bustle of the shopping mall and hoards of people who preferred to stalk the shops on weekend, her voice of reasoning was lost, falling upon deaf ears. She was worrying how she would pay for all the clothes, while her friends were busy choosing even more cloths for her wardrobe makeover.

What started as a shopping session to buy a couple of dresses as an addition to her wardrobe, was now turned to a full on wardrobe makeover. Sariel let out an audible sigh, thinking how she was supposed to pay for the basket full of clothes being pulled in different directions by her friends.

Kelly giggled mischievously “Do not worry Sariel, we know you can’t afford all of this” she said gesturing to the cart.

Sonia nodded “Yes we do. So we have a backup plan ready for you”

Sariel looked at her friends with confusion and dread “What have you done?” she asked alarmed.

Holly laughed cynically “We called your boyfriend and told him that his damsel was in distress and needed her knight to save her immediately”

Sariel’s eye widened. She was embarrassed by her friends but her bigger concern was something else. She was afraid he might not want anything to do with her anymore. She was sure of that. “Why did you do that? He is not my boyfriend!” she snapped in embarrassment.

Mark appeared by her side “Who is not your boyfriend?”

She hid her now red face behind her fingers. Her friends sure knew how to embarrass her “No one” she replied in a muffled voice.

She heard her friends chuckle at her reaction. “Elijah Mikaelson” Sonia said to embarrass her a little more.

Before she could deny her accusations Peter spoke up “You mean that guest lecturer guy?” he asked with naughtiness written on his face.

She opened her mouth but was once again cut off, but by Dean this time “You mean that guy in a suit, walking towards us?” he asked mimicking Peter.

His words caused the group to turn towards the very person whom they were discussing. Sariel’s eye shifted automatically towards his and they locked themselves on him, so did everyone else’s. Elijah had a charm around himself. A vampyric charm that attracted people towards him, which made everyone around him vulnerable and an easy target. She was no indifferent to his charms. She felt a pull from him, a pull which she could not ignore. She closed her eyes, afraid that he was a mirage. But when she opened them he was still there, in flesh and blood standing before her, looking back at her. Their eyes met for a briefest moment and it was enough to increase her heartbeat.

She was shocked to see him. She had not expected that he would actually come. In fact she had thought of it as the exact opposite. He stopped when he reached near them “What is the trouble?” he asked with an expression that said he knew there was no trouble.