Bonus Chapter

Six months later

"Gavin," I say, shaking him. He still doesn't stir and the pressure on my bladder grows. His arm is wrapped tightly between my breast and my large stomach.

"Gavin," I shout. Still nothing and I'm about to pee the bed. I pinch his nipple, hard. He yelps and rolls off me.

I waddle into the bathroom and sigh when my bladder is finally relieved.

"You could have just shaken me," he says, appearing in the doorway of the bathroom. "I did and you wouldn't budge. You don't have two aliens pushing on your bladder," I say as I struggle to stand from the toilet. I wave him off when he attempts to help me.

He's smiling like a loon as he always does at the mention of our twins. "I'm sorry," he says wrapping his arms around me from behind as I wash my hands.

I rest my hand over his as he rubs my belly. "It's okay just know there is soon to be more nipple pinches in your future." I say and kiss his cheek.

"It'll be worth it in the end," he says smiling.

We climb back into bed and he wraps his arm around me again.

The next morning he was acting strange. Every time he got a call he left the room and would turn away from me to answer a text.

I sip my tea and watch as he paces through the grass in the backyard. I feel a kick in my stomach and look down. Two gorgeous baby girls are growing in there. A life created by me and Gavin. I waddle into the kitchen and put his omelet on a plate.

I glance up as he walks through the sliding glass. "You were on the phone for a while," I comment. He kisses me softly and apologizes. "New case." Is all he says to elaborate.

The doorbell rings and I stand to get it but Gavin beats me too it. "Well hello," Carson says as he, Amy, and the children walk into our house.

"God, you are so damn..." Carson trails off as he hugs me. "Pregnant?" I offer, laughing. He nods, a flush stealing his cheeks.

Amy flicks the back of his ear. "Of course she does," she says rolling her eyes.

We walk into the living room just as Gavin's phone starts to ring. He yet again walks out of the room to answer it. Amy quickly picks up on my mood shift. "Baby, can you heat up a bottle for Olivia?" She asks Carson who nods and pulls a bottle from their baby bag and takes Olivia into the kitchen.

"Did you and Gavin get in a fight?" She asks grabbing my hands. I shake my head as Grayson runs off into the kitchen.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know. He's just been really dodgy this morning. He always leaves the room to make a call and turns away to answer a text," I whisper, shrugging.

"It's probably just work honey. He's completely in love with you," Amy says just as Carson returns to the room. "What are you ladies gossiping about?"

"Post pregnancy sex," Amy says. Carson cringes as he feeds Olivia her bottle. "You asked."

"I'm gonna go get Gavin," I say smiling at them. They are an amazing couple, absolutely perfect for each other. I waddle up the stairs slowly. Waddling seems to be the only thing I'm capable of with a stomach this big.

By the time I reach the top I'm out of breath which is ridiculous. I follow the sound of Gavin's voice to our bedroom, clutching my back.

"I can't just up leave her whenever you want me to Irene. She's pregnant for fucks sake....no, I haven't told her about you," he pauses and my heart drops into my stomach. I clutch a hand to my mouth as tears pool in my eyes.

He laughs, "yeah we're still on for tonight. Okay, I'll see you tonight. Bye."

I run into the bathroom as a sob breaks from my throat. He's cheating on me? Only six months into our marriage and I've already lost him. I struggle to catch my breath as vicious cries leave my mouth. What did I do wrong? Why did he stray from me?!

It feels as though someone stabbed my heart with a hot poker and tore it from me.

It's possibly the most painful thing I've ever experienced.

I check my watch and realize I've been in the bathroom for ten minutes. I splash cold water across my face and make my way downstairs.

"Where'd she go?" I hear Gavin ask, his voice slowly killing me.

"I thought she went looking for you," Carson says. I struggle to maintain my composure as I walk into the living room. "There she is," Amy says laughing.

A few hours later they leave and then it's just me and my cheating husband.

"So I have to go meet a work colleague but I'll be back before dinner," Gavin calls from the bathroom. I don't reply. I don't think I can. I feel numb and hollowed out. "Sam?"

I just stare at the wall, rubbing my babies.

"Sam?" He asks again as he walks out of the bathroom in a towel. His voice hurts. It hurts that I still love the sound of it.

"Who were you on the phone with earlier while Carson and Amy were here?" I barely manage. "The same work colleague I have to meet with," he says nonchalantly. A tears fall silently down my cheek.

"Don't bother," I whisper. "Don't bother what?" He asks, leaning to kiss me but I quickly pull back. His eyebrows raise in confusion. "Don't bother coming back after your...'meeting'."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He says standing up ramrod straight. I resist the urge to hold him when he winces and palms his back. "Don't come back to this house," I say louder. "Sam? I'm a little confused baby, why shouldn't I come home?"

I flinch at the endearment. His phone beeps and he checks it. He dresses quickly. "I have to go but this conversation isn't over Sam. We'll pick up when I get home."

He tries to kiss my cheek but I turn away. He scowls and I see hurt in his eyes. Oh he's hurt? As if. He pulls away and slams the door as he leaves.

And I dissolve into tears.