Relief

After reading and knowing what had happened, I felt greatly relieved. Nothing to worry about anymore! I decided to go out and take a walk. It was a nice sunny Saturday. I walked down the cafe I used to hang out, a couple of my good friends sat there.
"Heyyyy! How's it going?" I greeted them.
"Nice to see you here! Why don't you come and join us?" I sat down under a fancy steel structured table holding up an umbrella that shields up from the wrath of the summer heat and we started talking.
"Have you heard what had happened? It was in the newspaper!"
"And I thought the Level Upper was just a story made up to scare us! But this explained everything, I've been encountering robberies and I've heard that the people involved all had higher than expected level of abilities." We stopped discussing. The waiter came.
"Hi! I saw you just came in, I see you are with them. Would you like anything?"
"Yes, one bubble milk tea and one matcha ice cream please." My favorite food arrived very fast.
"so, you knew about the Level Upper too?" The waiter asked hurriedly. His face turned red "Oh I'm sorry! I don't mean to be nosy! I was just... talkative..." I suddenly wanted to confirm. I decided to continue the conversation.
"Um... hi excuse me, so you knew about it too?"
"Yes, I actually used to the same people come here. They always sat at the same spot, five high school guys and one older girl. Once a middle school aged girl with light orange hair talked to them, asking something about that. They took her out suspiciously away, I just wanted to make sure the girl is safe you know, I've heard about people getting hurt over the Level Upper, I'm not sure how. But I heard that the scientist who distributed it was caught. Her name was, something like, Kiyama?" "Okay, thank you so much!" We finished our snacks in silence.
    It was 2 in the after afternoon, one friend had gone home, and another girl from our class joined us. We told her about the group that came in, suspecting they had something to do with the incident. She told us something reluctantly.
"You know, one day I was walking through a park, and I saw a bunch of girls using the device, uh Level Upper. They had an IPod and was making leaves float. I was certain it was that device, because, one girl suddenly collapsed, just as the news said!" She checked her watch.
"Umm, it's time for me to go to my friends party now. "
"You think you might know how it works?" I asked.
"I think it had something to do with brainwaves, like computers. I have to leave, have a great day! Bye!" She left quickly.
The news matched up just as she described.