The Caring and Understanding Friend

I asked Misaka: "So, you know about the Level Upper?"
"Y-Yes, the device is a song, it connects the brainwave of Espers together using AIM field, it went out of control and turned into a monster thing, composed of the worst different thoughts of people." She shuttered as if not expecting me to ask.
"Have you encountered users? Sorry, I'm just curious. You don't have to tell me at all."
"Yes, some people attempted to fight back the city's law enforcement, but they failed . Any changes to the brainwave pattern made them faint. One, of my best friend did, but now she's okay. It's... kinda my fault." She acted as if she didn't want to share something, but decided to share since she gave it away.
"Have you ever felt like you can't understand your friends?" She asked.
"Maybe, but I will still try to."
    "I've been stuck in my old mindset for so long now, I thought you should play fair. I used to despise people who didn't play fair, gained power using dirty ways, as I think they never considered other lower level Espers. I was mad at myself for thinking that way, now I think I am the one who wasn't considerate. I never thought of their feelings, I never experienced how they felt. So now lower or higher, it doesn't matter anymore. They are my friends, they are just as good as who they are. I will never be that ignorant... again. I will protect them. After all, that is the reason their worst thoughts created this monster." Misaka looked very sorry, which made me feel sorry for her. I stopped asking. She looked away, she might have it on her mind for a long time and is willing to tell it to just a guy she randomly chats to. Well, I asked.
"You didn't have to tell me you know."
"No it's fine. I gotta go, bye!"
    "Goodbye!" I said. She turned and left. Before she went out of hearing range, I said one last thing just hoping to make her feel better, being a little bit of the nosy person I am. After all, we still talked. "Hey!" I called after her.
"I'm sure your friends will understand you, that's what friends are supposed to do for each other. You did by great understanding them too, they are lucky to have you as a friend." She smiled and nodded in relief. This was one of the few times I actually felt quite content with a conversation.