Railgun

Chapter two: Meeting Railgun

"Well, I guess I have to go now. See you tomorrow!" I left. It was a nice sunny afternoon. Actually, a little too sunny and moist. I was sweating like crazy and decided to go get a drink from a vending machine. I sat in a park and saw a vending machine, but a girl was already there. She kicked the vending machine violently, her moves neat like she done it many times. She striked out neat, fast, and accurate packing just the right force. Her legs lashed out like a whip at 45 degrees, borrowing kinetic energy from twisting her waist. The vending machine rattled and 2 cans of random drink fell out. One green can was iced sweet matcha, I recognized it because it was my favorite drink!
"Hey, umm, you know that's stealing right?" I don't know what the HELL I was doing right now. Why did I suddenly talk, was I being a nosy jerk? I know stealing is wrong, but it definitely wasn't my business. It got so awkward I suddenly wanted to collapse on the tarmac and overheat myself to death, but I doubt it would work as the embarrassment gave me chills. What the heck Johnny? My nosiness made me sick, or perhaps, it was because I wanted find a chance, any chance, just to talk to the girl? Awkward, awkward, awkward. I mentally cursed.
"What do you know?" The girl defended herself. Her face was red, I looked closer and saw her short, light orange hair. I secretly thought she was cute and kinda hot. But I definitely wouldn't tell her that, at least not as a stranger.
"This stupid machine, right here, stole 10000 Yen from me!" By the way that's about 90 dollars in US money.
"Oh no! I mean... that's unfortunate. I feel sorry for you. Hehehe..." I was so embarrassed I might freeze into a statue in the summer heat.

"Ummm. Sorry for being nosy"
"Oh that's fine, I get that every time, it's... fine. How old are you?" She started chatting to me!
"Fourteen" I said the default response. "My name is Jonathan, but you can call me John/Johnny or any nickname." I was too rushed to introduce myself. Be cool, just be cool, easy does it.
"That's a cute nickname." She stated "Uh, thanks!" Did she just used the word "cute?" Oh right, the word cute can be used to describe everything, action, people, food, clothing, or even names, I still wasn't expecting the cute comment though
.
"I'm fourteen too. My name is Misaka Mikoto, nice to meet you!"
"Railgun?" I blurted out and immediately wanted to hit myself with a baseball bat.
"So you heard about me. You probably has those super hero stereotypes right?" She smiled and continued:
" I help people, but I'm not always that super hero type person you know. I have to watch out for my friends, who always seemed to get in trouble, being in judgement. I want to protect people, and I definitely don't like some things going on here lately, but most of the time, I'm just an ordinary middle school girl." She smiled. Ordinary? Middle school! Sounds just like someone!
She sounds much more friendly than I imagined. Yes, generally every Esper here has normal lives regardless of identity, but I just can't make the automatic connection of super powered human with 100% human traits or even exceeding in it.
"Hoy, Biribiri!" Shouted a guy. Misaka's expression immediately got cold.
"What are you doing here, idiot Touma?"
"Oh what's wrong with you? You are always so angry. Why do you have to treat me like that, can't I just happen to be walking past?" Said the guy.
I asked Misaka: "You know him?"
"No! I definitely don't know some idiot like him!" She was...wait, does she like him? What's that called again? Being cold to someone you like, it's, tsun... tsundere!
"I have to go now, see you around." Said the guy who's name I assumed was Touma. He looked around high school age, with spiked black hair, wearing a simple white school uniform.
"Don't act like as if we are friends!" Misaka said as he walked away.