eleven

Luke's P.O.V.

I had been lying on my bed for about an hour now, constantly replaying that night in my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about the blood, the screams. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to get everything to go away. But it wouldn't. It just kept coming back, like a reoccurring nightmare.

A knock at the door made me sit upright on my bed, the sound startling me. I sighed deeply and climbed off my bed, not in the mood to deal with anyone right now.

"Elizabeth," I sighed again once I opened the door and saw the redhead standing on the other side of it.

"Hi, Luke." She chirped as she stepped into the cabin, not even waiting for me to invite her in.

"What do you want?" My voice came out harsh, though I didn't mean it to. It was just that Elizabeth annoyed the hell out of me. I tried to be nice to her but she always found a way to get on my nerves.

"Jesus, you're moody." She laughed as she sat down on Calum's bed. Her eyes scanned the room as she waited for me to say something.

"Do you need something Elizabeth?" I asked, lying back down on my bed. I felt so tired and I was afraid that if I stood up any longer I might fall.

"Nah, not really. I was just bored." She shrugged.

"Where's Caroline?" I yawned, I was hoping she would get the hint and leave.

"She's, uh, asleep." She answered quickly. I felt the bed sink down next to me and I sat up on my elbows, only to find that Elizabeth at the foot of my bed. "What do you want to do?"

"Sleep." I replied, lying back down.

"Together?"

"What? No! What the hell is wrong with you, Elizabeth?"

"Luke," She groaned, standing up. "Why don't you like me?" I had never had this conversation with Elizabeth but I had had it with numerous people. They always said that Elizabeth came to them, whining about how I didn't take an interest in her. I didn't try to hurt her, she just tried so hard. Elizabeth was a very pretty girl, she was just pushy.

I sat up and sighed once more. "Elizabeth-"

"No, you have always avoided me. Always. I don't understand why. I've liked you for a very long time and you could care less. I don't know what I've ever done to you, really. I mean, you act like you don't even want to be my friend. Why? Just answer that, Luke!" She looked as if she was about to cry. I gawked at her, not sure what to say. Her outburst had taken me completely off guard.

"I-I just don't like you in that way." I said simply, still a little in shock.

"Who then, Luke? Who do you like in that way? Caroline?" Elizabeth crossed her arms over her chest.

"No," I shook my head, "We're just friends."

"Bullshit," Elizabeth spat, "I see the way you two look at each other. It disgusts me."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Elizabeth." I shook my head again. "You're being ridiculous." Of course there was something going on with Caroline and I, but I couldn't tell Elizabeth that, especially with the way she was acting at the moment. Who knows what she would have done?

"I'm not being ridiculous!" Elizabeth yelled, making me jump back a little.

"Elizabeth, you need to calm down." I said with wide eyes. She was starting to scare me honestly. I never witnessed this side of Elizabeth and it wasn't pleasant.

"Don't tell me to calm down." She whispered furiously, which turned out to frighten me more than her yelling.

"I, um, uh." I was at a loss for words. Elizabeth obviously wasn't okay at the moment and I didn't know what to do. "Maybe you should go." I said quietly and cautiously. I didn't want her to blow up again.