Chapter 2

Nyla

My heart rate increased as the banging got louder, slowly getting out of bed I made my way towards the door. Fixing my clothes I opened up the door facing a very angry man.

Immediately he gripped my throat slamming against the wall, looking into my eyes enjoying the sudden strike fear that had taken over my body.

"What did I tell you, huh? I told your dumb ass to be at my fucking house 2 hours ago!"

I tried to speak but his grip tightened, cutting off my oxygen supply. He smirked at my weak state, laughing as I fought for air. Finding it funny that my eyes held fear. Using the last bit of strength I had left, I attempted to pry his hands from around my neck.

That was it, I swore I was gonna die. I watching the clock tick continuously  waiting for the moment that he killed me. Hoping my son didn't come out of his room and witness his mother being choked.

Santana dropped me on the floor laughing once again, kicking me in my back as hard as he could.

"Your such a weak bitch! Get the fuck up!"

I sat on the floor gasping for air, no matter how hard I tried to regain a normal breathing pattern I couldn't. Not even giving me time to get myself together he snatched me up by my hair, repeatedly throwing punches to my face.

I screamed for him to stop which only made him beat me more. Curled up in a ball, trying my hardest to block each hit.. for what seemed like hours, before he felt I had enough.

"Skylar!!"

I jumped up hearing him call for my son, running after Santana in order to keep him from getting to Skylar.

"No!! Leave my baby alone"

I grabbed at his arms pulling him back as he stood outside of Skylar's room. He threw me back, causing me to go tumbling down the small flight of stairs.

"Get the fuck off of me!"

I watched helplessly as he snatched my baby from his bed storming out the door. No matter how fast I ran I couldn't catch up to him.. standing in the street screaming my son's name but no matter how loud I screamed my baby was gone.

"My baby.. my baby, he took my baby. Someone please help me!!!"

I screamed until my throat burned intensely, feeling like a small part of me had died.. left in the street to drown in my tears. No matter how hard I cried or how loud I screamed, this had become a routine so everyone walked right by, closed their blinds and shut off their lights. Ignoring my pleas for help once again for the 10th time this month.

That was 4 days ago, and I still don't know where he took my child.. I went to the police the following day, but of course Santana had beat me to it. They think I'm a crazy mother making up lies about the richest man in the state..

I sat in my car with tears in my eyes wondering why I agreed to this dumb ass deal in the first place. I drove to Santana's house, hoping that today he would be there.

Pulling into his driveway my heart skipped a beat, there he was riding his little motorized Cadillac truck while Santana smiled steering him in the right direction. Immediately I thanked God my baby was safe, I decided that today wasn't the day to show my ass and argue with Santana.  I just wanted my baby back, getting out of the car I ran up to Skylar with an excited grin on my face.

His eyes got big and he screamed loud, smiling showing the few teeth he had.  The 4 days without my son was pure hell.

"Sky! Mommy missed you so much"

I held onto him not wanting to let go, from the corner of my eye I noticed Santana roll his eyes.

"Stop acting like I kidnapped him or something. I'm his father he's safe with me"

"You are not his father! Nor will you ever be. You did kidnapped him, I didn't give you permission to take him.. you know what I'm not gonna argue with you"

"I am his father, I'm taking you to court for full custody of Skylar your not fit to be his mother. Without me you have nothing"

I felt like the world had stopped, he cannot take my child from me. If we go to court he can easily win custody. Knowing him he would put me out and take away everything to make me look like an unfit mother.

"You can't take my baby from me, he's all I have.. please"

He grinned devilishly before rubbing his hands together.

"I won't take you to court on one condition"

"Which is?"

I watched his grin turn serious, he almost looked shocked that I got straight to the point. Not once arguing about what he could possibly want from me this time.

"Have my baby.."