Chapter 8

(Jade POV)

I jumped down the stairs, landing lightly on one of the vampires backs. taking a silver knife out of my pocket, I plunged it deep into his back, the poison from the silver killed him instantly.

Hearing someone coming up behind me, I spun off his back and threw the knife into an approaching vampires head.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted my crossbow with its silver bolts on the kitchen counter: I grabbed it and loaded it up.

Seeing the two vampires coming towards me, I shot two bolts, one after the other in quick succession. The bolts hit each vamp in between the eyes. Instant death.

Thanking my rarely lucky stars that I had left my crossbow out last night, I shot yet another vamp in the heart with the bolt from the crossbow.

Suddenly, my enhanced hearing picked up a rustling and scratching coming from upstairs. I darted up there, throwing open Sarah's door I found a vamp inhaling her scent and going through her stuff so he could track her straight to the attic. With deadly accuracy I threw my stake at him before he had time to blink or move. It hit home, right into his unbeating heart.

I flitted out of Sarah's room, when I heard Niamh and Sarah yelling "FIRE" at the top of their lungs. I was outside of the attic in an instant, gazing at a blaze of beautiful orange light.

It was beautiful,

It was stunning,

Curling around the walls of the house and then back into itself,

The radiant glowing that came from deep in the heart of it had me transfixed.

I stood there for a second, letting myself forget everything and get hypnotised by that radiant bright light.

Suddenly snapping back into focus, I began to make my way through the flames and to my sisters.

*authors note*

Two chapters in one day! I'm on a roll! anyway guys, sorry about this all being in jades POV but I wanted to show you some action, next chapter will be in Niamh and Sarah's POV mainly I think.

Anyway, let me know any ideas you have for this book or my other book (sisters by heart sisters by blood) in the comments.

Thanks,

Emerald