Chapter 5 - Lunch

Hey, guys! All of you guys are giving me so much love on this book! I can't thank you enough. Y'all have brought up my self esteem quite a bit. Thank you. <3

P.S. I have a little easter egg in this chapter! See if you can figure it out. The only hint I'll give you is that it is in the section that Mitch is in a car.

Mitch's POV

I watched Scott leave before Kirstie squeals. "Oh my God! Did he ju-" I cover her mouth, blushing deeply.

"Would you be quiet about it?" I whisper yell as I put it in my pocket. I hesitate remove my hand and she laughs.

"Sorry. Let's go talk about it in my car." I nod and she basically runs to her car after she grabs her stuff. I laugh and grab my stuff before following.

Once we both get in the car she smiles widely. "Spill the tea!"

I blush and giggle. "There isn't any, Kirstie! He just wanted to hang out tomorrow."

She smirks. "Yeah? What kind of 'hanging out'?" The goddess wiggles her eyebrows.

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "The normal kind. He's probably not even into me like that." I say softly.

Kirstie rolls her eyes and puts her hand out in front of me. "Note." Sighing, I take it out of my pocket and place it in her hand.

We look at the folded up piece of paper and see that he wrote on the outside.

To: Michelle =)

"He put a smiley face!" She smiles. "That's so cute. You can tell that he took time to write this instead of just throwing it together."

My cheeks turn pink as she opens it.

Text me? Maybe we could hang out sometime.

1-214-223-487 - Scott

I read it and blush deeper. Kirstie looks at me. "He's so into you."

"Maybe.." I say softly.

Kirstie smiles and gives the note back to me. "Let's get you home, Michelle." I nod and smile as she starts driving. "Do you want to hang out with me after you guys hang out? Whether or not you guys actually do."

I smile and nod. "That sounds fun."

She nods. "Text me when you get an answer from him." I nod and give her the rest of the directions to my house. She smiles as she pulls into my driveway.

"Bye, Michelle." She smiles. "Bye, Kirstie." I smile and get out, waving bye to her before going into my home.

I see Mike sitting on the couch with Wyatt and I smile. "Hey, Dad. What's up?" I sit next to him and hug him.

He hugs back and smiles. "Nothing much. Just waiting for you to get home."

I feel a little guilty because I could've tried to come home faster. "Sorry for taking so long, Dad. I just wanted to watch Kirstie try out too and then Scott wanted to talk about hanging out sometime."

Of course, I realized my mistake the moment the words came out of my mouth.

"A boy?" Mike asks quickly. I sigh. "Yes, a boy, Dad."

He frowns. "Why would you want to hang out with boys..? They are just trouble."

I laugh. "Dad. You realize that both of us are males, right?" He laughs too. "Yeah, but you're different and I'm the dad. Is he at least nice?"

Giggling a little at my dad, I nod. "Super nice. And don't worry, I'm positive that he's straight, so he won't be wanting me anyways."

Sure, that's the first reason someone wouldn't want me.