Chapter 35 - Fear

Hey! Today, October 2nd, is my birthday! I'm now sixteen.

Mitch's POV

We make it through a few classes without being too bothered by others.

As soon as Scott had to leave my side, I knew I would be much more vulnerable. I was right.

The first class that we had to part ways at was right before lunch. It started peacefully, but by the end of it, I had suffered through many homophobic comments.

Here I am now, bouncing my knee nervously as I wait for the blanket to ring so I can just go to lunch and see my boyfriend and best friends.

The bell rings and I dart out of the door. I manage to make it out of D building, but I'm quickly pulled away from the crowd by two jocks.

I whimper as they pull me between D and E building and look up at them with fear in my eyes.

After a moment of intense staring, I remember them as the two guys who were cat-calling me just last week.

"What do you want from me..?" I whisper, my weak and fragile side that I've been hiding finally showing up again.

They smirk and the tall brunette guy, Michael, speaks up. "Nothing. We do want to give you something though."

I begin to mentally brace myself for whatever they will do to me, but that thought is interrupted by a fist colliding with my stomach.

They both laugh as I double over in pain, tears springing to my eyes as the breath gets knocked out of me.

The other boy, Cameron, who hasn't spoke finally does. "Come on, man. I don't feel like wasting my lunch on this faggot."

I breath a small sigh of relief and they start to walk away, but as they do, one of them single-handedly slams me against the brick wall.

Tears fall from my eyes as my head slams against the wall, probably making a cut on my scalp.

My question is answered a moment later when I raise my head to my head and feel a small amount of wetness.

I look around and take notice that there's nobody around, letting a few ugly sobs wrack my small body.

Suddenly, I regret coming out. The only good part about this is that I get to be in public with my boyfriend.

My boyfriend.

I take a deep breath and wipe my eyes before running to the cafeteria, letting my hair hang in front of my eyes so that nobody will see how red they are.

When I finally make it to where my friends are, I wordlessly sit next to Scott.

He turns to me with a smile. "Baby! I was starting to wonder where you went off to. I was about to go looking for you." Scott says cheerfully.

I nod a little, causing Scott to frown at my lack of response.

"Mitchie, baby..?" He asks softly and I hesitantly look up at him. "Yes..?" I whisper.

My boyfriend sees my red eyes and gasps softly. "Baby.."

This is when I break.

With a quivering lip and a shaky voice, I whisper. "Hold me..?

I can basically hear Scott's heart break as he sees the state I'm in.

"Oh, baby.. Of course.." He whispers lovingly, pulling me onto his lap.

Scott's POV

I pull Mitch onto my lap and he immediately buries his face in my neck. Not a few seconds later, I feel some wetness against my skin. I move one hand to his head and run my fingers through his hair.

"Let it out, baby.." I whisper.

Mitch hesitates before starting to let out small, weak sobs. I hold him close, wanting to cry just seeing him like this.

I hate that this has happened to him, and so quickly too. A few hours into the school day and he's already an emotional wreck.

Our friends look over at us sadly, knowing that Mitch has every right to be having this breakdown.

As I hold him and try to calm him down, I feel a something wet on his head. I pull my hand back and gasp at the sight of red on my fingers.

"Mitch! Your head is bleeding!" I say with panic in my voice.

He just cries a little harder. "I know.." Mitch whispers sadly.

I bite my lip hard and gently make Mitch look at me. I wipe his tears away before pecking his lips gently.

"What happened to you, baby boy..?" I ask softly.

My tiny boyfriend bites his lip hard. "I'm scared to tell you.. What if they get mad that I told someone..?" He says as fear flashes through his eyes.

I frown. "Even if they get mad, I won't let them hurt you. Please tell me, baby.."

Mitch whispers, "It was Cameron and Michael.. They probably won't do it again.. Please don't confront them.."

I open my mouth to argue why that's not a good idea, but Mitch looks at me with the terrible fear I remember seeing on the first day we spoke to each other.

*Flashback for reference, told in Scott's POV instead.*

Avi and I chat as we wait for both of our little crushes to get to school. Of course, Avi already knows Kirstie pretty well, but the cutie I have my eyes on doesn't even know me.

She looked at me twice and even blushed once. It was so cute that I almost died.

It's all just so new and strange to me. I've never been attracted to someone like this before.

Over Avi's shoulder, I see Kirstin and Michelle enter the school.

In order to refrain from seeming like a stalker, we wait a moment before heading towards them. It's all about strategy.

As we approach them, I see Michelle look my way. The fear in her eyes almost makes me freeze, but I just put on my most charming smile as I stop in front of her.

She glances at Kirstie and Avi, causing her to smile at them before looking back to me. Her smile makes my heart do a little flip.

"Hi there. My name is Scott." I say after a moment.

"I'm Michelle." She says nervously as she smiles shyly. "I've heard. You're the new girl. Everyone has been talking about you." I chuckle.

The look of panic returns to her face and she directs her attention to the ground. "What are they saying..?" She asks quietly.

I frown, hating seeing her look so scared. I gently tilt her face up and smile reassuringly. "Hey, it's all good stuff. Don't worry."

Michelle relaxes visibly and smiles. "Alright."

*flashback over*

From that point on, I made it my priority to make sure that he feels safe and happy. I've only failed once before and I'll be damned if I let some stupid jocks hurt my baby.

"Don't worry, baby boy. Those bastards won't get anywhere near you without dealing with me first."

I'm tired and I was supposed to have a million projects due today, but due to a seriously disturbing book, I only have a thousand.

Question: Are you going to go watch my Top Ten Best Scömìche Fanfictions on Wattpad video?

Answer: I mean, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you for reading! Please vote and tell me if you liked it. I love y'all! <3