8.Shattered Hearts

Hi ya! Good morning! ☕☕☕

Anyways, Onwards!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 8 - Shattered Hearts

Sanskar and Annapurna froze upon seeing Ragini standing at the door.

Sanskar wanted to shout out to her, but lost all courage seeing her eyes. They were filled with so many emotions, none of them good. Her eyes reflected the hurt she felt, the betrayal she thought he did, the broken trust, the loss of faith over their friendship. Ragini didn't speak anything, but her eyes seemed to ask him why did that to her, why he broke her trust, why he betrayed her.

Ragini was barely holding back her tears. However, a whimper escaped her. To Sanskar, it felt like someone had squeezed out his heart.

Sanskar got up from the bed and slowly approached Ragini, like how one would approach a wounded animal. However, before he could reach her, she turned around and ran away.

"Beta, hurry. Go after her!" Annapurna spoke out in panic.

"Right!" Sanskar ran out and finally was able to catch Ragini's wrist at the entrance.

"Ragini please. Let me explain. I-"

"Explain what Sanskar? That you lied to me all this time? That you were faking your madness? How could you Sanskar? How could you?" with every word, her voice broke more and more.

"Ragini please. There is a reason I did what I did. And trust me, I didn't want to hid the truth from you. I-"

"You didn't want to, but you did! I thought I was your best friend. Or was that a lie too?" Ragini spoke the words in a soft way, but it's effect was drastic.

Sanskar felt like someone had just slapped him. "Ragini, don't say like that please. You are one the most precious persons in the world for me. I could do anything for your happiness."

Ragini gave a humorless laugh. "So that's why you betrayed me? Lied to me?"

"Ragini, at least let me explain. Don't form your opinion just on your own assumptions. Listen to my side of the story first." he tried to reason with her.