47. From Bad to Worse

Hello, hello, hello! Good morning! 🤗

Was thinking of updating yesterday, but got occupied lol.

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 47 - From Bad to Worse

Sanskar locked the car and turned to look at her. "Here we are. What are you waiting for? Let's go inside the mall."

Ragini had quite a choice if words that she wanted to hurl at him. However, she didn't want to create a scene in public. Hence, she just nodded and came around the car near him, opening her palm towards him. When he looked at her clueless, she glared. "My salary for the month. I can't buy just by showing my face."

"I'll be with you, won't I? I'll pay. You don't need to cut this out of your salary. After all, I want to buy Mani something too."

"I doubt Mani would want anyth from you."

Sanskar flinched. Oh he knew Mani hated him. And for valid reasons as well. Sanskar didn't blame him. "But I want to. Besides, he's getting engaged to Uttara who's my sister. I can at least gift my sister and my sister's husband as a family member, if not his friend."

"Then buy him your gift and let me buy him my own gift from my own salary which is mine by right!"

Sanskar sighed. He was tired of arguing with such a stubborn girl. He hates her stubbornness.

And yet...it was this stubborn nature that made him all the more fall in love with her.

"Fine!" he opened his pocket and handed her the money. "There's your 6000 for the month."

"Thank you." Ragini huffed out and walked away towards the mall with a satisfied smile.

Sanskar looked at her go with a confused frown. 'That's funny. Her salary is 4000, but I always pay her extra. She argued with me to no end till she can't find anything to retort with until she accepts the rest 2000. But she didn't argue today?' shaking his head, he simply followed her inside. 'I won't be the first man who can't understand a woman's mind I guess. The-eh?' blinking as he stepped inside the double doors, he found no Ragini there.

#With Ragini#

"Finally some peace!" Ragini sighed to herself and leaned on the wall. "Glad I escaped that jerk in time. Now I can shop without having an annoyance nearby."

"Um...ma'am, may I help you?" spoke one of the employees as she spotted Ragini mumbling to herself.

"Oh yes please. Can you show to me some good shirts that I can gift to a friend?"

"Of course ma'am! I'll lead you to the latest collection right away!"

"Thank you."

#With Sankar#

"I bet she took the chance to escape me. Am I that annoying to her?" Sanskar didn't want the answer to that since he knew what it would be. "I guess I haven't been a good friend or support to her these days, have I now? No wonder we've drifted apart." he looked down in sorrow. 'There used to be times when Ragini would want to spend all the time with me. But now...she wants to be away from me...always!' a clinging sound broke him out of his thoughts.

The sound was so smooth and sweet. Hearing it once more made him close his eyes unconsciously. It felt so peaceful.

He looked up as the sound rang again.