34.Reconciling

Hiiiiiiiiiii allll! How are you?!

Long time no updates, no? Hehe...sorry sorry. 😫😫😫

What to do? New year and all was on... 😜😜

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Previously - Sanskar gave Ragini a ring and asked her to marry him. Ragini was more than happy to say 'yes' to his proposal.

Now -

Chapter 34 - Reconciling

Sanskar got up first and put forward a hand for Ragini to take. "Let's go. I'm taking you to one the best chefs in town!"

Ragini took his extended hand and got up. "Sanskar, you know I don't like fancy things. You gave me all the happiness you can when you asked me to marry you. Then why the artificiality?"

Sanskar chuckled at her words. "Won't you ask me which master chef I'm taking about?"

"Eh?"

Sanskar wriggled his eyebrows at her and pointed at himself. "Me of course. Sanskar, the master chef."

"You? And master chef?"

"Yep! Not to mention I'll sing to you too while you eat. I can sing well you know. I'll do cooking and singing together. I'm a multitasker you see."

Ragini snorted in an unladylike manner. "Sanskar, the last time you tried to make something, you ruined the kitchen. And if you sing, it would be like a frog croaking. Please refrain from doing any one of those on my special day."

Sanskar pouted, but let out a smile looking at her playful smirk. "Alright then." he moved to the side and cleared the way for her. "After you."

"Not so fast!" came a voice from nearby.

Sanskar and Ragini looked up to the voice. Sanskar's eyes widened on seeing them.

It was Durgaprasad and Annapurna.

It took one second for Sanskar to go from shocked to extremely pissed off. He grabbed Ragini's hand and walked ahead. "We're leaving."

"Stop Sanskar. I mean it." However, Sanskar paid no mind to Durgaprasad's words. "Sanskar Maheshwari! Stop right there!"

At this, Sanskar's halted his steps. Slowly, he turned to look at Durgaprasad in the eyes. "I. Am. Sanskar. I am not related to any of the Maheshwaris. So do not try to relate to me."

"You are a part of our family Sanskar." Annapurna spoke as she came to stand before him. "You are my nephew, Sujata and Ram's son, and the eldest heir of the Maheshwari family. Simply saying you aren't won't break you blood ties with us."

Sanskar scoffed at her words. "Family isn't always about blood. It's about those who stand by you when you need them, when you want their support, when you want them to understand you. You all were never there for me when I needed you!"

"What?! How could you say this Sanskar?" Annapurna asked in disbelief. "I supported you and Ragini in everything."

"That wasn't support. That was just passive agreement which didn't help anyone! Support is when you would have gone against your husband and the rest to stand beside me and Ragini for the right thing. You would have objected, questioned and spoke against the others who were wrong. But you? You stood there passively on the sidelines while everything happened before your eyes. You expect met to forget all that Badi Maa?"