41.Amidst the Chaos

Long time no updates? 😂

Thank you all for being so patient and waiting for the updates. And also, for always being supportive.

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 41. Amidst the Chaos

"Ah! That was amazing. Thank you for the food Ragu."

"You're welcome Mani bhai." Ragini acknowledged.

Mani didn't reveal the truth about Manisha to them. However, she didn't push it. He would tell them once he was ready. So, she left the topic and decided to serve food to him as well.

"All done? Now get out." Sanskar bit out. He had thought that he would spend some quality time with Ragini in his cabin. 'But no! This oaf of a big brother figure had to come and ruin our time by being the third wheel. Ugh!'

"Hahaha...! Don't get your nerves worked up. I was about to leave anyway." Mani got up from his seat and straightened his clothes. "Bye Ragu! Bye sourpuss!"

"You come back here one more time and I'll show you what this sourpuss can do!" Sanskar shouted after him as he left.

Ragini giggled listening to their exchange. "You both are so childish. Sometimes I wonder if you two are over twenty, or over two in age."

"It's not my fault he is so damn irritating

"It's not my fault he is so damn irritating."

Ragini chuckled as she began to collect the things. "You should go back to your paperwork. I'll take the tiffin and all. It's about time I left for home."

Sanskar nodded and got up to retrieve some tissues for both himself and Ragini to clean their hands. As he walked by his table, an envelope fell down from the small gust of wind that blew by. "Oops. Pick that up for me, will you Ragini?"

"Sure." Ragini bent to reach it. Once she had it in her hand, she looked at it quizzically. "What's this? You're taking a bank loan?"

"Yep." He handed her the tissue and started help her pack up the things.

Ragini cleaned her hands and opened the envelope. She gasped as she saw the amount. "Sanskar!? Don't you think this is a big amount to take as a loan? Will you be able to retrieve it on time with the conditions we are in?"

"I know what you're implying. And I also know that this isn't a random decision of mine." Sanskar straightened up and smiled a broad smile at her. "Remember the new project that Raj Uncle has handed me in charge of?"

She nodded. "The one you're collaborating on with your father."

Sanskar's smile turned into a frown on being reminded of it. "Yeah, that one." he spoke in disdain. "Nevertheless, the point is that this project is bound to bring me an extra profit. Not to mention if I can tactfully device it, I would have a good rapport to show. Once it's done, I can get sponsers."