44. From Happiness to Dystopian

Took long to update. Ya know, I'm always like - this time, I'll only take two days interval to update the next chapter. But then I end up being lazy and the plan crash and burns.

Hehe...forgive the delay please.

Moving on...

"Words in double words" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 44 - From Happiness to Dystopian

Ragini hummed to herself as she dried the washed glasses with a cloth. Sujata and Ram had left with Shikha to shop for the engagement. Ragini blushed to herself thinking of that day.

The day she will wear the ring which will tell the world that she is Sanskar's and he is hers. She bit her lip to stop a squeal that threatened to break out.

The ring of the doorbell broke her out of her thoughts. "Coming!" she put down the cloth and the glass, heading for the front door. There was a skip to her steps, obvious of her inner happiness. It was hard for her to not be giddy with the prospect of her engagement to Sanskar.

'Oh hush you! Will you stop thinking about it for even a second?' Ragini chuckled as she knew the reply would be a 'no'. 'You're so smitten in his love Ragini.'

She reached up and unlocked the door to find the person of her thoughts standing before her

She reached up and unlocked the door to find the person of her thoughts standing before her. "Sanskar! Welcome home." she went forward and hugged him with a bright smile.

"Woah there! Someone seems over-excited."

"Yes!" she stood on her tip-toes and kissed him on the cheek. "I have all the reasons to be over-excited and happy since I'm with my man."

'She called me her man.' Sanskar smiled a goofy smile and followed her inside like a puppy following their master. As she continued to do her chores in the kitchen, he stood beside her leaning on the counter, simply watching her work.

Ragini chuckled and looked at him with a smirk. "You know, I won't get anything done with you looking me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you want to keep me in your embrace and never let go."

"How did you know I was thinking that?"

"Haha...! You are an open book to me Sanky."

He shrugged with a cute grin and hopped on the counter. "I'll just sit here and try not to distract you then."

"Really now?"

"Don't underestimate me. I can stay not looking at you every second."