13.Second Chance

Yo, lets get to the chapter without my banter. What to do? I live/love to talk. 😂

Anyways, Onwards!!!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversation

Previously - Laksh exposed Sanskar to the Maheshwaris and the Gadodias. Durgaprasad refused to accept Sanskar's apologies and tells him to leave the house. Shekhar asked Ragini to leave Sanskar as well.

Now -

Chapter 13 - Second Chance

"I'll come with you Baba. But I'm not going without Sanskar. Sanskar is coming with me."

"Are you out of your mind Ragini?!" Shekhar spoke in disbelief. "There is no way I'm allowing that boy to enter my house!"

"Then I'm not going. You all can leave without me."

Laksh looked on dumbfounded. He never expected this twist in the plot.

"I can't believe you are choosing him over you family Ragini. I'm your father!"

"I'm not choosing anyone over the other! I'm choosing the one who needs me the most right now. Choosing between my family and Sanskar is like choosing between my heart and my soul. I can't live without both of them. But I'm in such a position that...that I must choose."

"So you chose that liar?" Shekhar spoke with spite.

"Didn't you listen what Sanskar said Baba? Sanskar lied because he was mistaken. He thought his Bade Papa and Laksh was guilty of Kavita's murder. He just wanted to bring justice to her! If it wasn't for the misunderstanding, he would never do it."

"Whatever the reason maybe, he did what he did. It cannot be reversed. He lied to us, betrayed our trust, our care. I can't believe such a snake was hidden beneath that innocent face of his."

"Baba, Ragini is right. Sanskar had his reasons. Even though he lied, he has done so much for us once he realized his mistake." Swara reasoned. Shramishtha motioned her to be quiet, although unsuccessfully. "He even saved Ragini's life Baba. Have you forgotten that?!"

"Swara that's be-" Shekhar was interrupted by Parvati.

"I forgive him." All of them looked at her shocked. None of them expected her to be the first to accept Sanskar. In fact, Laksh was sure she would be the one igniting Shekhar against Sanskar.

"Maa, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying the right thing. I can relate to Sanskar. I know what it feels like to be fueled to do things, just for revenge. It eliminates all sense of right and wrong from an individual." Parvati turned to look at Shekhar. "When Janki died it...it was like I had lost my own daughter. I felt like I had lost my child! That pain, that hurt...it was so much to bear. The guilt of not being able to save her was so much that...that I used Shramishtha to hide my pain."

Shramishtha looked at her wide-eyed. Never could she have imagined that Parvati would admit her mistakes.

"I blamed her for Janki's death because it was easier that way. By channelling all my hurt and pain into anger, I tried to keep myself strong. I made revenge and hate my armor to protect myself. I thought I can fix myself by breaking others. And that his what this boy did as well." Parvati went and placed a hand on Sanskar's head. "Only difference is that you realized your mistakes much earlier than me and tried to do good. I wish I had done the same. Then I wouldn't have caused Shekhar and Shramishtha all these years of pain."