37. Modus Operandi

Glitches glitches 😅.  I hope it's displaying. 🎊

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

"Word in double quotes" - Talking

Chapter 37 - Modus Operandi

"Thanks."

"You're welcome Manisha." Ragini replied as she brought her own cup to her lips.

"So, you live here alone?"

Ragini shook her head. "No. I'm currently living here with my...my husband to be you could say." Ragini smiled to herself. 'Sanskar gave me a ring. Does that mean I could also call him my fiancé?'

She didn't notice Manisha tightening her grip on the cup, almost making it shake. "Oh. You two love each other then?"

"Yes of course."

"Ah! Be careful Ragini

"Ah! Be careful Ragini. You never know these boys. They might easily leave you for another. You should be alert and question his every move when he's out of your sight."

"Haha... It's true that times are changing. But there are still boys who are gentleman, know how to respect women, display proper manners and also, give their heart to only one. My Sanskar is one of those and I am lucky to have him."

"I see. You really are lucky." Manisha said in a extra sweet tone. 'I guess I won't be able to drive them apart by creating suspicion in Ragini's mind. Was worth a try though. No matter! I've got a whole lot of tricks up my sleeves.'

The sound of the doorbell interrupted their conversation.

"I wonder who could be at this time."

"Maybe Sanskar?" Manisha guessed. She hoped it was him. She was dying to see him from close, to hear his voice utter her name.

Ragini shook her head. "No. He left for the office an hour ago. He isn't supposed to return so soon." placing her cup on the table, she got up to open the door.

"Eh? My my, it is really you Sanskar

"Eh? My my, it is really you Sanskar. But you ha-" Ragini looked at him quizzically. "You look glum. Are you not well? Headache?"

He shook his head in denial.