Search for Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds Story) Ch.21

5 months later...

Spencer's POV

Five long dreaded months had gone by. My wife was five months pregnant and I knew she and Annabelle were missing me terribly. I had often spent my nights looking through my phone at my wife and daughter, and others looking through this case. Two families had died since Natalia came to us, the lonely survivor of a killer. We had had no leads for several months and I was beginning to miss my family.

"Oh Asia.. I'll be home soon, I promise." I said with a heavy sigh. I turned to look out the window which was covered in dust and dirt. The room wasn't much prettier either itself. The lighting was dim and barely bright enough to see the paperwork. Outside it was dark; the sun had just set and it was looking not good in the neighborhood.

On the other hand there's a supposedly nice coffee shop down the street...

I scrunched up my face and sighed. I hadn't been out to really explore the neighborhood much since I had been here. The only places I went to were the police station, a couple of nice restaurants and my hotel.

"Maybe a walk will clear my head." I muttered to myself, grabbing my jacket and hotel key. The facts of how dangerous it would be walking in this neighborhood at night were unpredictable and so many ran through my head. I decided to be safe and keep my gun on me.

The night was clear and the stars shined brightly with the moonlight above. It reminded me of the nightly walks Asia and I used to take before we had Annabelle or even being married.

It was a clear breezy night and Asia and I were walking through the park that was a few blocks away from our apartment. We had been dating for quite some time and the time was very much enjoyable. I smiled lightly as my hands were interlaced with each others.

"Spence do you remember when we first started going out?" Asia asked. I glanced over at her seeing her brunette hair shine in the moon light and she looked so peaceful, happy in thought. I chuckled to her question.

"Yeah I remember. It was 4 years ago, 4 months and 14 days." I said making her giggle. She had somehow always found my eidetic memory amazing in some of the oddest ways; whether it was when I mentioned a statistic about anything or remembering when we started going out.

"Someone's keeping track." she said with a smile. I felt my cheeks heat up a little but a smile spread through my face. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Touche Genius." she said giving my hand a squeeze and smiling. The night was calm and peaceful, the occasional cricket letting out a chirp.

"I remember when Garcia made a big deal of us going out. At first it was silly and kind of embarrassing, but I felt no shame admitting I was dating a Genius from the FBI." she continued smiling as I could see the story in her eyes. Eyes had always been the window to the soul and her soul was as pure and innocent as could be.

"I felt no shame telling them about you. I felt happy when I spoke of how beautiful, smart and wonderful you are." I went on feeling my cheeks warm up. We came to a sudden stop. It was by the fountain and only the soft sound of the water was heard.

"Oh Spencer, you're such a sweetheart. Even under all that toughness you have." she said making me smile. She turned to me wrapping her arms around my neck. We had locked gazes and I dont think either one of us wanted to stop looking at each other.

"I love you Spencer Reid." she said before leaning in to kiss me.

I quickly broke out of my trance when there was a shuffling noise from around me. My hand immediately went to where my gun was. My eyes darted around looking for anything that could've caused the noise.

"Is someone there?" I asked continuing to walk slowly down the road. Another shuffle. I quickly whipped out my gun and looked around. It was so deadly quiet that you would have been able to hear a pin drop.

WHACK!

I felt something hard hit the back of my head making me fall to the ground and moan in pain. My head throbbed and it felt like a train had impacted me. Opening my eyes everything was a blur, except for a figure standing in front of me with a metal bat. My hand wobbily felt around for my gun but the figure quickly moved and stomped on my hand, making me let out a cry of pain.

"Welcome to your nightmare Dr. Reid." the figure said before giving me another good hit making me fall into unconsciousness.