Search for Spencer Reid (Criminal MInds Story) Ch.6

On the plane ride home it was quiet. Everyone was mostly sleeping except for only Aaron Hotchner and Spencer Reid. Spencer had just gotten off the phone quietly with his wife telling him he was on his way home. He missed his family and his warm bed being next to his wife. And also seeing his daughter, Annabelle. He glanced over his book silently until he heard someone take a seat in front of him. It was Hotch.

"Hey, how you doin?" he asked quietly.

"Just fine." Spencer answered sounding nonchalant. He had heard Hotch talking on the phone earlier just like he had. He heard Hotch take a pause before speaking again,

"Reid, I got a message from the Director," this made Reid look up in curiousity. "They need our smartest agent going out on a secret mission to Berlin, Germany." Reid furrowed his eyebrows.

"That's on the other side of the world. Berlin is one of the most famous visited places-" Hotch cut him off with one of his looks.

"Reid, I need you to go on this mission. You'll have protection with you so you'll be safe and won't be alone and all the help you need. Only Garcia and I will be in contact with you if you need extra help."

"Am I aloud to tell my family where I'm going?" Reid asked knowing Asia would be scared for him going to the other side of the Earth. Hotch sighed before shaking his head.

"No. This is a classified case and she can't know. The risk of telling your family could put your family in danger. You'll be gone for a few months possibly longer." Reid swallowed before looking up at Hotch.

"I'll think about it." he said making Hotch nod and get up and take his original seat. Spencer frowned as he read his book. Going to Germany was a long trip and not being able to contact his wife would be even harder. She'd fret and worry and he would be worrying for his family. He could only close his book and turn out the light above his head before sleeping the rest of the trip back.

Asia had finished cleaning up the house and putting Annabelle to bed. It was after nine and Spence still wasn't home. She was curled up on the couch watching T.V quietly when she heard a door creak open quietly and shut. Asia sat up quickly looking around.

"Spencer?" she whispered not seeing anything or anyone. A figure then walked into the dark room and it was Spence. She was nearly spooked out of my skin.

"Goodness," Asia said placing my hand on my chest in releif, "You scared me." Asia said as Spencer took a seat next to her on the couch with a smile on his face. He had never been happier to see his wife then he did now. Asia smiled and scooched closer to Spence, cuddling next to him and Spence wrapping his arm around her. He kissed the top of her head and smiled down at his wife.

Spencer smiled and leaned down kissing his wife. He felt her kiss him back and wrapped his arms around her and felt her climb on top of him. He chuckled and continued to kiss her brushing his hand through her hair. He smiled his cheeks blushing as she pulled away but still on top of him. His wife chuckled before pecking his lips and getting up and going to the bedroom, having Spencer chase behind.

The next morning Spencer and Asia were cuddled up in bed sleeping when there was the sound of light footsteps running into the room.

"Daddy!" Annabelle squealed and jumped onto Spencer, making him wake up instantly. He smiled though when he saw his four year old daughter. He sat up and hugged her tightly.

"Hi sweetie." he said kissing her cheek. Asia heard the commotion and woke up, sitting up next to Spencer.

"Morning you two." she said kissing Spencer's cheek and smiling at her daughter. Luckily it was a Saturday and so far, Spencer had no cases. But sadly enough, Asia had work later on that afternoon which meant Spencer would be watching out after Annabelle.