Chapter 4

My girl.

(Cohen's pov)

"I need you." She sounded so distraught.

"I'll be there as soon as I can, send me to details."

"See you soon." I hung up and quickly got some of my things together. I walked downstairs only getting stopped by mom.

"Where are you going?" She asked quietly trying not to wake up her sleeping grandson in her arms. Ellie must be in the shower or something.

"Amanda needs me I'm going to see her."

"Everything okay?"

"I don't know but she seemed pretty upset."

"Let me know when you get there."

"I will love you guys."

"Love you buddy." I quickly left and made my way to see her. Ever since that first time we hung out we've become a lot closer. She's become my best friend. I'm sure most people think were more than friends from the amount of time we are together.

Finally, after an hour I finally made it to the hospital she was at. She had already told me what floor she was on so I went up there. Once the elevator opened I found her pacing.

"Mandy." She quickly looked up at me before running right into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her as she sobbed against my chest.

"I'm here." I whispered against her ear.

"It's all my fault." She cried.

"I doubt that, now tell me what happened."

"Matt and I got into a huge fight about something stupid. He left and a stupid drunk driver hit him, now he might not wake up."

"This is not your fault you hear me. it's that drunk drives fault okay. Have you seen him?"

"No, I can't go in there."

"Yes, you can, I'll be there every step of the way." She nodded taking my hand as we walked into the room.

"Mom." She pulled away from her son and looked at us. There was another woman in the room, I'm assuming is Matt's wife.

"He's going to be okay honey." She smiled at her daughter.

"It's all my fault." The tears started again, this time her mom pulled her into her arms. Her arms eyes caught our interlocked fingers.

"I'm Cohen."

"Hi Cohen, I'm Amy. I've heard a lot about you."

"All good I hope."

"Of course. Would you mind taking her home so she can get some rest. I trust you will take good care of her."

"Always."

"Mom."

"Honey go, I will call you if something changes." She nodded gluing herself back into my side. We left and headed back to her house. She walked around like a zombie until we made it to her room. I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom to change. I walked back into her room and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Do you have any more blankets so I can make a bed?"

"Will you hold me?"

"Move over." I smiled. She moved over and I crawled into bed next to her. Looking at her she looks so broken. I wrapped my arms around her as she curled up against my chest.

"I'm sorry I pulled you away from your family."

"It's okay. I'm here as long as you need me."

"Thank you."