Chapter 13

2025

"Uncle Cohen."

"Yes sweetie." I looked down at my adorable niece Harlow.

"Are you leaving?" She pouted.

"Yea, but I'll be back in the morning, okay." She nodded while I scooped her into my arms.

"You be a good girl for nana and pop right."

"Yea."

"Harlow come give me kisses." Ellie came in pulling Harlow from my arms.

"I'm going to head down."

"Okay, we'll meet you down in a little bit." I nodded before heading down to the hotel lobby. Making my way to the bar where I saw the most beautiful girl. Sighing I made my way over the bar.

"Can I buy you a drink?" Her body stiffened before she turned to look at me. I looked at her in shock, as she did the same. She looked so beautiful standing there with her black dress and short blonde hair.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"Hi." She smiled, making me smile as well. We ordered our drinks while I sat down next to her.

"How have you been?"

"I've been good, you."

"Good."

"You're here for the wedding, right?"

"I'm in the wedding." She smiled as she looked up at my sister who was coming over.

"It's so good to see you two together again."

"Ellie." I sighed. She smiled pulling away from Amanda and turning to me.

"I know, but still."

"Hey!" Sophia came over with Drew. Everyone got their hugs before I turned back to Amanda.

"Then there were two." I turned to her and smirked.

"Care to dance?"

"I'd like that." I wrapped my arms around her, loving the feeling of having her back in my arms.

"How's baseball?"

"My last game of my career is next week."

"What?" She looked at me in shock while I smiled.

"I'm done playing. It doesn't bring my happiness like it used to. Outside of the playing field it is a dirty game." She stared at me in shock while I just smiled.

"So, what are you going to do?"

"Well there is this girl that I once knew and made a promise to." I smiled.

"Cohen." She turned her head so she wasn't looking at me.

"Talk to me."

"Things are different now. You have your life and I have mine."

"I'm missing something."

"There you are." I turned to a guy who was smiling at Amanda.

"Sorry, this is Cohen, Ellie's brother. Cohen this is my boyfriend Corey."

"Hey man."

"Hey, um I'm going to check on my sisters." They nodded and I saw her watch me in longing. Sighing I made my way over to the bar, sitting down. The bartender gave me a beer, probably out of pity.

"Please don't get drunk." Ellie said as she sat down next to me.

"I won't."

"I'm sorry."