Chapter 9

(Amanda's pov)

"Dad." I gasped opening the door of my dorm room.

"Amanda."

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to have dinner with my daughter."

"Dad, you should have called or something. I have plans."

"With a boy." He hissed.

"He's my boyfriend but yes we are going out tonight."

"Perfect I will take you both out." He smiled, coming into my room sitting on the bed.

"I'm just to call him and see where he's at."

"Okay." I grabbed my phone and went back in the hallway.

"Hey, everything okay?" Hearing his voice somewhat calmed me down.

"Umm my dad is here and wants to take us out."

"Umm that's fine I will be there in a minute."

"Okay." I hung up and went back in the room where my dad was looking at my pictures. He was staring at the of picture of Cohen and I where our forehead were touching. We were both smiling as we were looking into each other's eyes.

"He will be in here in a minute." He nodded looking at the pictures. A knock at the door pulled us out of the awkward silence.

"Hey." I smiled seeing him.

"Hey, you look beautiful."

"Thank you." My dad cleared his head making us look at him.

"Nice to see you again Mr. Teed."

"You too. Shall we go." I nodded grabbing a hold of Cohen's hand. He squeezed my hand making me look at him.

"Everything is going to be fine." He pulled me as we made our way over to my dad. Hopefully tonight goes good or I don't know what's going to happen. We followed my dad to his car before getting in. The whole way to the restaurant my dad looked back at us every chance he could. Once we got there my dad wrapped his arm around my shoulder while Cohen walked next to us.

"How many?" The hostess asked.

"Three." She nodded, taking us over to the table. Thankfully my dad let me go so I could sit next to Cohen. He quickly grabbed my hand under the table, resting it on my thigh.

"So how is school going?"

"It's going good, I like all my classes."

"Good, Cohen what are you going for?"

"Sports editing."

"Dad, Cohen is a pretty amazing baseball player."

"My grandpa was in the big leagues so I got into it from him."

"Really, who was it?"

"Nathan Morris."

"I remember him."

The waitress came and took our order before walking away.

"How did you two meet?" I looked at him and smiled.

"Um we had math class together last year. The one day we had board races and she beat me." I smirked.

"Later that day I was with the girls and we hung out with the guys. From that day on we became best friends." I sighed thinking about that night. I wanted to lean over and kiss him but with my dad here it's probably not a good idea.

"So, should I be expecting a wedding any time soon?" Cohen started to chock, while I helped him breathe.

"Dad, seriously." I hissed.