Chapter 20

I pulled Amanda closer as we sat down on the couch at my parents. Declan and Drew wore holding their wives the same way. Dad came in looking broken.

"Where's momma?" Ellie asked.

"She's with your uncles."

"Daddy what's going on?" He sighed looking at all of us before sitting down.

"There's no easy way to say this but Nana is not doing too good."

"I don't understand." Sophia said.

"Is it because she was at the wedding?" Amanda asked with tears in her eyes. Dad turned to her and grabbed her hand.

"That was the happiest she's been in a long time. It was not because of the wedding or being out. The chemo isn't working anymore." He pulled away from her and looked at his daughters.

"What's going to happen?"

"I'm not sure sweetheart."

"Can we go see her?" I asked.

"I'm waiting for your mom to give the go."

"Cohen."

"Hmm."

"I'm going to be sick." I quickly let her go, following her to the bathroom. I pulled her hair back as she emptied her stomach. She wiped her mouth before leaning against me.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." I kissed the back of her head. I rubbed her arms trying to help her relax.

"I think we should tell them when we go."

"Me too. Think your okay."

"Yea." I nodded helping her up, so she could rinse her mouth out.

"What?" she turned to me, frowning.

"You're beautiful."

"I just threw up remember."

"I know but your carrying our baby."

"I am." I smiled pulling her into my arms.

"Cohen, we need to go back in there." I nodded taking her back to the living room. Ellie smirked at us as we curled back up on the couch.

"Tell us now." Ellie sighed.

"Tell us what?" Sophia frowned looking between the both of us. I turned to my wife and she nodded her head.

"My beautiful wife here is pregnant." I smiled kissing her forehead.

"I knew it." Ellie smirked before pulling Amanda from my arms. Sophia smiled giving her a hug while I got a nod from the guys.

"Congrats guys."

"Thanks dad." I smiled giving my dad a hug.

"I think this news is exactly what this family needs." I nodded pulling my wife back into my arms.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yea, I'll be fine."

"Okay, let's get going." Amanda squeezed my hand as we walked over to the car. I helped her in before running back over to my side.

"You sure you're okay?"

"I'm okay. Cohen, I know this is hard, so if you just want to go home that's okay."

"No, I'm glad you're here." She smiled placing my hand on her belly. Relief filled my body knowing I have these two with me.

We pulled up to the hospital and got out. Amanda came over wrapping her arms around my waist as we walked inside. Walking to the room I could see my mom curled up to her mom. Nana smiled once she saw us approach.