Chapter 15

A week later

"I have to leave in the morning."

"Why?" I frowned looking her over.

"I have to go back to work. Those kids count on me too." She sighed as I rubbed my thumb across her forehead. It's been so nice having her here, I don't want her to leave.

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I leaned down pressing my lips to hers kissing her softly.

"Cohen."

"Hmm."

"I'm still going to be here when you need me."

"I know but it's not the same, I want you here all the time."

"That does sound good." She smiled.

"Then let's change that." I smirked.

"How, I live there and you live here. Cohen, I love my job and I'm not ready to give that up."

"I understand that completely. I would never ask you to give up something you love."

"Thank you."

"You have a long day tomorrow, so I guess I should let you get some sleep." She leaned up pressing her lips to mine kissing me softly. I sighed pulling her closer, curling her more into me.

Waking up alone, I immediately missed her. Sighing I got up and went downstairs where mom was making breakfast.

"Morning momma."

"Morning. Hey nana and pop want to see you when you're ready."

"Okay."

"You doing okay?"

"Yea, it was nice having her here." She nodded handing me a plate. Harlow and Colin came running in attacking my mom.

"Time to eat." She smiled at them as they sat down at the table.

"Morning little ones."

"Morning Cohen." They said before back to eating their breakfast.

Once I was done I went to get ready. I said a quick goodbye before heading to the hospital.

"Morning." I smiled walking in the room.

"Come sit." I sighed and sat down next to my nana.

"Amanda left this morning."

"She came by yesterday."

"I forgot how nice it is to have her around."

"Well son what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know." I sighed, looking down.

"Do you love her?"

"Of course."

"Then get your girl." Nana yelled.

"Cohen, you are perfect for her. Seeing you two together I remember what it was like when we were your guys age. Like you two we spent time apart and in that time apart I never stopped loving her. I see that when you and Amanda are together."

"Take it slow and get to know each other again."

"Thank you." I smiled giving them both a hug.

***

Pulling up to the school I've never felt nervous. I called the school trying to figure out her schedule without her knowing my plans. Today the kids have art class today so I'm having them write my special surprise for Amanda.