Chapter 10

Thanksgiving/Christmas 2017

**sexual content

(Amanda's pov)

"Manda." Robbie squealed.

"Come here you little bugger." I opened my arms for Robbie so he could jump into my arms. I've missed this little guy so much. Matt and Jen walked into the living room smiling.

"There's my sister."

"Hey." I smiled giving them both a hug.

"Is that boyfriend of yours coming?" Jen asked.

"No, he's with his family. Maybe for Christmas he will come or I'm going there." I sat down with Robbie in my lap while Jen sat next to me.

"You like his family?"

"Yea they are amazing. He has two sisters that I get a long really good with."

"That always helps." She smiled at me wrapping her arm around me.

"I got lucky. You were great from the start and so are his sisters. I was nervous to meet his oldest sister but it was just fine."

"Momma, I'm hungry."

"Dinner should be done soon bud." I ran my finger's through his hair making him calm down.

"Come here little man, let's go see what grandpa is doing." Matt came over scooping up Robbie from me, taking him away. Once they left Jen gave me a serious look.

"Have you guys?" She whispered.

"No, we've come close. You don't have to tell me details but you and him did before you were married right?"

"Yea, when it's right you know. We knew we were going to spend the rest of lives together."

"Thank you."

"Don't rush." I nodded.

"Dinner is ready." Mom yelled. We sighed and went in the dinning room where everything was set up. Jen went over to where her boys were while I took my spot by my mom. I wish Cohen was here so I didn't feel like I was fifth wheeling. Mom and dad came in and sat down.

"So, do you think Cohen will join us next year?" Matt asked.

"Maybe." I looked at my dad and could tell he wanted to say something.

The rest of dinner we spent talking about what we are thankful for. I'm sure at the end of dinner my dad is finally going to blow up on me.

"Go say bye." Jen handed me Robbie.

"Bye little man, I will see you tomorrow. Love you bud."

"Love you too." I gave him a quick kiss handing him back off to Jen.

"Glad your home, we can talk more tomorrow."

"Sounds good." I gave her a hug, before giving my brother one.

"See you tomorrow little sis."

"Have fun." They left and I sighed crashing on the couch. Mom came in crashing down next to me. Since mom makes dinner, dad has to clean up everything.

"I'm glad your home. I miss my baby girl around here."

"I miss it too. Next semester I'm going to try and be home more."

"And you can bring Cohen." She smiled.

"You know how daddy is."

"Even just come for dinner once in a while."