Chapter 11: This Is One Pathetic Party

• Dedicated to To All My Adorable Readers!!!

[AN: I got paid my gainsharing today! It's essentially a work bonus in my paycheck! I can buy a couch now! Woot!]

“We’re back!” Hope shouted out bursting through the front door with Zayn close behind her. She surveyed the room around her. Jericho was sitting in the corner of the room glaring at Jordan. Jordan and Harry were sitting next to each other on the couch avoiding any possible physical contact. Niall looked like he had passed out on the floor. The only content looking ones were Liam and Alexa who were sitting on the floor as they watched a movie on the television. “This is one pathetic party.”

“It’s not our fault,” Liam said from his spot on the floor. “They’ve been like this ever since you guys left. How are things with Autumn?”

“Great,” Zayn said walking further into the house. “She was on her way back with Louis.”

“So they won’t be back for a while then?” Liam asked with a smirk. “Go Lou!” He and Zayn high-fived one another.

“Boys are so gross,” Alexa said standing up. “I’m going to get a snack. Liam, Zayne, and Hope? Care to join me?”

“I’m not really hungry,” Zayn said as Hope dragged him to the kitchen. “Or maybe I am?” He and Liam looked at the girls curiously as the door swung shut behind them.

“We have to fix this,” Alexa said crossing her arms. “Normally I would rely on Louis and Autumn to fix this, but they’re not here.”

“I’m not fixing it,” Liam protested. “They’re grownups. Let them fix it on their own.”

“Liam James Payne!” Alexa practically shouted. “I am tired of you whining just because they didn’t let you in on one little plan. Build a bridge and get over it! These are your friends, and they need our help!”

"Holy crap,” Zayn said. “She can yell. I think that’s the loudest she has ever been since I met her.” Liam flushed and sat down on one of the stools.

“You’re right,” Liam said. “I’m sorry. But how are we going to fix anything? They won’t even tell us what’s wrong.”

“How long have they been acting like this?” Hope asked.

“Since the live chat truthfully,” Liam said. “Everything has been kind of awkward since then.”

“Plus Jericho and Niall were here all evening fighting about something,” Alexa added. “And then they just broke up.” Hope peered out the kitchen door.

“And it looks like Harry and Jordan want nothing to do with each other,” Hope said. “If I was at a party with my boyfriend I would want to be curled up in his arms. Of course Jericho glaring at her might be killing the mood for her.”

“So how do we fix something if we don’t even know what is going on?” Zayn asked.

“That’s easy,” Hope said with an impish grin. “We just get the key players all together in the same room and force them to work it out.”

“I know you and Autumn are sisters,” Zayn said. “But sometimes it scares the crap out of me how similar you both are. It’s like you’re her mini-me.”

“That’s so sweet!” Hope said hopping over to him and kissing his cheek. Zayn blushed as he placed his hand over the spot where she kissed. “Now listen closely and I’ll tell you how we do this.”

[TEN MINUTES LATER]

“I don’t see why Harry would be in Niall’s room,” Jordan said as Alexa followed her up the stairs.