Chapter 14: This Isn't War, Love. It's Just A Meeting.

[AN: This chapter is more depressing than I thought. Must be a reflection of my mood lately. Why does my job have to include coworkers?!? Ugggghhhh!!!]

He still hadn’t said a word. All through breakfast, the car ride, and walking into the conference room he had remained entirely silent. Jericho tapped her fingers nervously against the table waiting for the meeting to start. She glanced over at Harry who remained silent. All she wanted was a whispered “It will all be okay.” Or even just an “I love you.”

“We should take bets on what she’s going to have!” Niall shouted across the room. “I’m voting for a boy!”

“No way!” Jordan shouted back. “It’s definitely going to be a girl.” Jericho smiled as her best friend playfully fought with her boyfriend. Hope had convinced her that she couldn’t keep it all under wraps after Harry and Niall had found out. So they had all gone downstairs and held a group meeting to tell everyone. Jordan was the only person who wasn’t shocked by her pregnancy. Jericho chuckled as she remembered what Jordan had told her that night.

[FLASHBACK]

“I pretty much already guessed,” Jordan said with a smirk. “You didn’t do a very good job sneaking those other pregnancy tests.”

“So you’re okay with this?” Jericho asked.

“Sure. Although I really wish I had been smart enough to give you the right advice to prevent this in the first place.”

“And that advice would be?”

“I don’t care how seductive his curls are, never give into Harry!”

“Too late,” Jericho had blushed. [AN: Literally took this from their comments on the last chapter. I couldn’t stop laughing when I read it.]

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“Would you two please grow up?” Louis grumbled. Autumn rubbed his back as he glared at Harry. For some reason the person taking all this news the hardest was Louis. Jericho was honestly worried that she may have caused the end of Larry Stylinson.

“When will this stupid meeting start?” Zayn asked. “I am so bored!!!”

“I have an idea of something we can do to entertain ourselves,” Hope said with a wink.

“You do?” Zayn said eyeing her suggestively.

“Stop looking at my sister like she’s a piece of meat!” Autumn said as she threw a pen at Zayn’s head.

“Would you all please just sit quietly and behave?” Liam asked. “This is a meeting with our record label about some serious stuff that affects the band. We are dealing with grown up stuff here.”

“Yes, Daddy Direction,” the whole room chorused sarcastically.

“I still don’t know why I’m here,” Alexa sulked from her seat next to Liam.

“If it affects me it will affect you too,” Liam whispered. “Besides, I don’t like the idea of you home alone.” Alexa rolled her eyes. After several weeks with no contact from her father she felt darn near invincible. Her father probably decided there was no way he could get to her and had given up.  Plus it was a little suffocating to always have a buddy everywhere you went.

“So what do we say when they come in here?” Jordan asked Niall. “Do we have a plan of attack?”

“This isn’t war, love,” Niall said with a grin. “It’s just a meeting.”

“A meeting where my best friend and her unborn child are the focus! Jericho is like a sister to me! She and Harry are going to have the cutest kid.”