Chapter 17: Let's Try To Be Positive About This Okay?

[AN: This is the final chapter before the start of the sequel! When I wrote this story I never imagined I would write a sequel! Eeeeeppp!!! Enjoy! And I've asked another favor at the end of this chapter. The sooner I get it the sooner the sequel starts!]

[TWO WEEKS LATER]

“Who called this meeting anyways?” Jericho asked from her spot on Harry’s lap. Harry ignored everyone as he sang to her belly. He was more than a little enamored at the existence of his unborn baby. He coddled Jericho at every chance he got.

“I don’t know,” Autumn said shaking off the arm Louis tried to put around her. “I even asked Hope, and she didn’t know.” Autumn started to say more when Alexa and Liam showed up hand in hand.

“The happy couple is here!” Louis called out in glee. “How are you doing Lex?”

“Pretty damn good,” Alexa responded. “The lead detective called, and my dad is going away for life. I can finally put this all behind me.”

“So are you the ones who called this meeting?” Louis asked trying once again to hold Autumn’s hand. She shook him off and moved to the other side of the room.

“No,” Zayn said walking in with Hope. “It was these two bozos who called it.” They all looked behind them to see that Zayn was pointing at a beaming Jordan and Niall.

“Niall called a meeting?” Autumn asked in shock.

“Don’t be so surprised,” Niall said defensively. “We need to figure out how to deal with the record company. We got a little distracted by the stuff with Alexa, but now we need to work on our plan for the recording company.”

“Yeah,” Jordan added in. “They can’t just tell us what to do! Niall and I have been talking, and we have perfected our plan.”

“Our plan?” Harry asked.

“Niall’s plan,” Jordan said happily. “It’s foolproof.”

“I feel like making a joke about it being Niall’s plan, but I’m way too curious,” Jericho said with a chuckle. “Lay it on us.” Niall and Jordan shared a happy smile before turning back to the group.

“So the plan is,” Niall announced along with a small drumroll on the coffee table. “We just go to their offices and tell them that they can’t make us do anything!” Niall looked around the room in excitement.

“Forgive me if this comes off as a little mean,” Hope said. “But that’s it? You’re just going to tell them no? They could cancel your recording contract!”

“No they won’t,” Jordan said confidently.

“But they said—“Jericho was cut off.

“They said they would cancel our contract, but think about it for a second,” Niall said. “We’re One Direction. We are the reason that they make millions of dollars. If they cancel our contract then there are hundreds of other companies willing to sign us. If they give us up they’re giving up their own paycheck.”

“I never thought I would say this,” Liam said. “But Niall makes sense. They lose a lot of profit if they drop us. His plan could totally work.”

“So when should we go?” Alexa asked.

“How about now?” Harry asked standing up with Jericho in his arms. “There is no time like the present.”

“Harry I can walk,” Jericho protested.

“I know,” he replied. “I just want to carry you.”