15. Sea on fire

"Make mistake, improve and move on. Don't stuck there" -A

----------------------

Chapter's song- Burn by ellie goulding.

Aanya's POV

"Dad"

"Ana honey, how are you" A man's voice came from the other side of the line.

The voice, it's like my dad. But he can't call from...

But the voice is of him. It is him. What if it isn'nt?

"Is it really you dad?" I asked

"Honey, it's me" he answered.

It's him..it's really him. Oh my god.

"Oh god it's really really you dad" there was no bound of my happiness.

"I missed you too honey"

"Dad...why...how..I ..mean..." I can't properly form a simple sentence. I was stuttering.

"I'll tell you everything dear" he said when I couldn't say anything.

"Dad, I missed you" finally, I was able to say something. My eyes filled with tears and they were rolling down to my cheeks. The barrier i made for myself to be strong and not to cry, broke in a minute. I was so weak and vulnerable in that moment.

"I know honey" he cried. I can sense that he is crying too.

"How are you and how did you call?" I asked between the sobs.

I wiped all my tears.

"I'm fine but I don't know how long i will be okay" he answered.

"Dad, why would you not be okay? It's only the case of money fraud. They won't harm you" I tried to assure him but morever I was trying to assure myself.

"It's not simple Ana, everything is complicated"

"What is it dad? Why did they put you in jail when you didn't do it"

"They don't know that, everyone is blinded by the evidences against me"

"Dad don't worry I'll prove your innocence and once jensen will see that he would be sorry for the misunderstanding"

Silence. He didn't reply for few seconds.

"Dad are you there?" I asked.

"No you won't" his sudden angered words left me in haze.

"What?"

"You won't talk to jensen and don't find anything, just away from him"

"Why?"

"You don't know him just stay away" he said in a firm voice.

I don't know what to say. I can't make sense of his words but i can't arguew with him, not now. It's not the time to argue.

"Okay, I'll stay away from him"

"I know you work for him Ana, that's why i called in office. I just want you to be safe. I cannot forgive myself if anything happens to you because of me"

"I'm fine, I promise i'll stay fine" but i can't promise to leave this matter. I just can't stop fighting. I can't stay out thinking that my father was wronged by someone.

"I only need to hear that" he sighed in relief.

"Dad you stay safe, please"

"I will honey, and I'm proud of the woman you've become. Your mother would've been so proud to see you standing on your own and so strong"