1

"Yeah....No I know....'Course I will....Well I'll see you then....Mum! Stop asking!....Alright......Bye, love you." Pj ended the call and stopped pacing Felix's kitchen. He brought a hand up to his face and rubbed his eyes before letting his shoulders drop and walking back into the living room.

"What'd your mom have to say?" Felix asked looking up from his spot on the couch.

"The usual same, 'Are you eating? Staying healthy? Are you seeing anyone?'. She never fails to ask that one," Pj said while lifting Felix's legs before sitting down and then placing them on top of his lap. "I'm secretly dreading going home Saturday for the reunion, but I can't just not go. They always poke fun at the fact I'm not with anyone and ask me about it all weekend."

"You could just lie to them and say you've got someone, but they're too shy to come with you," Felix suggested while watching Pj lean forward and grab his tea from the coffee table.

"Yeah, but then they'd ask for a picture and a description of how we met and all that shit," Pj replied, detaching his lips from the mug.

"Then I guess you'll just have to deal with it until the weekend is over. It's not like you could pay someone to be your date for the weekend and pretend to be your partner."

Pj hummed in response and rested his hands on Felix's legs. They sat in silence for a moment before Pj shot his head up and looked over at Felix.

"What?" Pj slapped his leg. "Oh no. You can't just take me!"

"Why not?"
"Because...I don't know, but you can't!"

"Oh, cmon Felix. I'll give you 10 pounds. It's just for the weekend. Two days that's it."

Felix groaned and dropped his head back. Pj nudged him on the leg and after a moment he rolled his head forward. "I guess," he mumbled.

"Yeah?" Pj said smiling wide at him.

"I guess, yeah. But I want 20 for it and I get to tease you in front of your parents and you can't get mad about it," Felix bargained.

Pj rested back against the couch in relief: he no longer had to worry about his mum's constant nagging. "Thanks Felix."

Felix just nodded in reply, feeling a dropping sensation in his stomach. He was suddenly worried about how awkward this could get. 'It's fine. You're getting some money out of it and he's your best friend. It'll blow over and we'll laugh about it once the weekend is up.' Felix reassured himself.

The rest of the night they sat and talked and played the ocassional round of Mario Cart. Around 11 Pj decided it was time for him to go home. Felix helped him gather his jacket and keys and walked him to the front door.

"I guess I'll see you Saturday morning then?" Pj asked hoping Felix wouldn't change his mind.

Felix casted his blue eyes to the floor, feeling his stomach erupt in butterflies again. "For sure."

Pj smiled and grabbed Felix's shoulder. "Thanks man." He let his hand slip off and walked out the front door.

As soon as he was gone Felix shook his head wondering why on earth he agreed to this.