First Kiss

A smile erupted onto my mum's face at my words. "Oh Pj!" she exclaimed and reached forward to grab Felix and pull him into a bone crushing hug. Felix's eyes grew in shock before slowly wrapping his arms around her. "It's so very nice to meet you, Felix," she said once she let go.

"It, it's my pleasure, Mrs. Ligouri," Felix managed to mumble out.

"Oh please! Call me Clara!" (I still don't actually know Pj's parent's names.) She leaned into my ear and whispered, "He's a cutie."

I whipped my head around to look at her. "Mum!"

Mum just giggled and turned around to call out to her husband. "Ben! Ben, honey, Pj brought someone!"

I could see my father sitting at the dining room table playing a board game with my younger cousins. He replied, "Oh really?" before standing up with a tremendous dad groan. He ambled his way over to stand in front of Felix. He put his fists on his hips and said, "So, you're dating my son?"

All I could do was look at Felix and wait for his reply. "Y-yes sir," he managed to choke out. My dad isn't particularly intimidating, but meeting your boyfriend's dad will always make you shake in your boots, even if it is a fake relationship.

Dad looked Felix up and down. Out of no where he stuck out a hand, offering for Felix to shake it. Once Felix grasped his hand, he grinned, "Nice to meet you then." Felix simply nodded as enthusiastically as possible and wiped his hands on his jeans once they let go.

"Well cmon. Come sit down!" Mum pushed us in the direction of the couch.

I slipped a hand onto the small of Felix's back and leaned in closer to whisper, "You're doing really well." Felix answered with a nervous smile and a nod of his head.

.

We both spent most of the afternoon on the couch; I occasionally got up to grab Felix and I drinks or snacks. Everytime I would settle back in next to Felix, his hand would automatically slip into mine and he would shuffle slightly closer. Felix gave me a soft smile and squeezed his hand tighter around mine.

"So," an aunt spoke up, "how'd you two meet?" Family members around her shook their heads and murmured 'yeah's, eager to hear the story.

We both turned our heads to look at each other. 'Shit shit shit. How did we not think of this?!' I tried to communicate with my eyes.

"Friends," we both said after a moment if looking at a each other with wide eyes.

"Um," I looked at Felix for an elaboration. He just shrugged. "We uh, we met through mutual friends at a party," I said, keeping my eyes locked on Felix for reassurance. I hadn't made that up. We really had met at a party.

A mischievous smirk suddenly stretched across Felix's face. I scrunched my eyebrows in question and then understood what he was about to do. 'No! I was hoping he'd forget about the teasing part!' I started to shake my head at him in a silent plea for him to not say anything embarrassing. His smirk only grew to a smile. "Oh yeah." I pinched his arm in an attempt to get him to shut up. Felix just swatted my hand away. "Pj couldn't keep his eyes off of me all night."

"Wha-"

"I saw him from across the living room of this guy's house. He stared at me all night. I figured if he didn't get up and talk to me, I would have to do it. I felt kinda bad for him. He was so shy." A couple of people awed at this.

"Ha yeah," I said, pinching Felix again. "I kept thinking, 'Who's that dork across the room?'" I was trying to save the situation for my own sake.

"Oh whatever. You were shy and nervous. Eventually you came up and said hi and the rest is history, I suppose."

"What about your first kiss?" Mum called out from the back of the room.

"Mum!" I couldn't believe my own mother was joining in on the embarrassment.

"We wanna know Peej," my aunt said with a soft smile. One of thinking of young lovers in love.

"Oh, it's no problem, Clara. It's another great story," Felix spoke up. For some reason he seemed to be basking in the attention and opportunity to tease me. Instead of pinching Felix, I hit him on the shoulder and gave him a glare. Again, he gave me a smirk.

"It was on our fourth date and I had taken us out to a movie. I cant remember the movie because Pj was so fidgety all night! I knew something was on his mind and when he did the classic yawn and stretch to put his arm over my shoulders I knew what it was," Felix paused for laughter. I pushed my face into his bicep to cover my face and let him continue with the tall tale. The only thing keeping me from punching him was our prior agreement. "In the middle of an action scene he leaned over to kiss me and completely missed! He basically kissed the bottom of my eye because he couldn't see me in the dark, poor kid. I couldn't help but laugh. I did kiss him for real after the movie though." As Felix finished up the story, I risked a peak out of the corner of my eye. My mother was giggling along with the rest of my family memebers.

One of my young cousins leaned forward in her chair, her brown curls swinging over her shoulders. "How 'bout a kiss?"

"Yeah!" "Just one?" "Cmon Pj you never bring anyone here." Multiple people spoke at once, urging us on.

"Oh no. I don't think Pj would be comfortable with that. Right Pj?" Felix asked. He was hoping I would back down and save us both some embarrassment.

One kiss couldn't hurt. Plus he needs to get embarrassed too, I thought. I shrugged at Felix's words and shifted my head to face him better. Felix's eyebrows scrunched in confusion before realising he was going to have to kiss me, his best friend. He blew out a long breath before leaning forward. I met him halfway and our lips grazed against each other.