Bold Words

Oh, I just can't wait until Sunday to post this! This is the aftermath of the battle with Malus, and there is a second book coming out, sorta. Instead of making it into a new book, I already have the parts written on this one, so I'll just continue it here.

Enjoy ^_^ (This is like an early sunday update so I guess you'll have to wait even longer for the next, sorry!)

Chapter 7- "I Love You" Are Some Pretty Bold Words

For the first time in a year and a half; Lucy finally felt the familiar softness of her own bed. She sighed in bliss as she pulled her covers over herself. She turned to face the window.

The Landlady was not happy with Lucy, but told her that she was a little happy to see her. "I want 1,260,000 jewels by the end of this month. Plus this month's rent." Lucy had nearly fainted when she heard that. But when she woke up the next day, she found 70,000 Jewles in a white envelope. Again, she almost fainted. She wondered who had left it until she saw the note under the envelope.

Dear Lucy,

Here is you daily payment. Not very hard for us to conjure it up.

~The King

She was grateful, but she didn't feel too good for taking their money, especially since they had done so much for her already. She wondered about what the King said about her destiny.

She was determined to at least make that month's rent, so she had spent that day doing easy jobs for low pay. If she did enough solo's then she could make it up in longer but easier times.

Natsu wasn't too happy about her plan. He told her she should just except the payments until her bill was paid, then kindly refuse from then on. But Lucy thought it was kind of rude to say that.

But she did what he said anyway. Ever since Lucy had come back, Natsu hadn't left her side. Neither had Levy, Erza, Juvia, Wendy, or Lisanna. She was grateful for her friends, but she hadn't had time to herself since they found out Kurai was actually Lucy in disguise.

But that night Lucy had to herself. She enjoyed the bed she had longed for for months, the food she had been waiting to eat, and the bath that needed exploring.

She chuckled to herself as she stared at the ceiling.

"I'm finally home." she sighed blissfully. She closed her eyes and thought about her Fairy Tail friends. When she had first started training with Draco, she would try and make up excuses to visit Magnolia and hope to see her friends, but Draco always saw through her feeble attempts.

Now, she could stay as long as she wanted. She closed her eyes and crept toward the window, back pressed against the wall. It was cool, and seemed to take off some of the access heat.

She fell asleep that way, and for the most part she slept peacefully. Until around midnight.

She was sleeping peacefully when her window opened. She didn't notice in her deep sleep until someone stepped on her.

"Ack!" She groaned, waking up and falling out of her bed.

"Oh sorry, Lucy!" She growled.

"Natsu! Happy! That hurt!" She said, rubbing her head and side.

"We're sorry Lucy!" Happy cried, flying into her arms. She frowned.

"I'm not made of glass, Happy. It's fine, but it's like the middle of the night." She complained.

"I missed you Lucy," Happy said, snuggling deeper into her chest which made her sort of uncomfortable.

"I saw just a couple hours ago."