Too Soon Much Too Soon

Emm, I was re-reading the previous chapter and thought to myself: "Wow, what if I changed this so that Lucy and Natsu were dating, and then she died. While she was 'dead' Natsu started to rebuild his friendship with Lisanna and fell in love with her. Then the whole Kurai and future chapters would be about him trying to figure out if he loved Lucy or Lisanna. . ." And while writing that I thought of this; ". . .and then Lucy became distant after finding out about Natsu and Lisanna that she seemed uninterested when he finally chose her so he went back to Lisanna (she didn't know). And then she started dating Loki, and they want to keep their friendship intact with Lisanna and Loki but also want to date each other, so they try and ignore their feelings!" XD I got really excited when writing that! BUT I've written chapter 20 already, so dibs! I'll make it into another story. Although that would be kinda difficult since it also needs Kurai and what not. . . Ah, I'll figure it out. Maybe I'll pull a Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and do the same story with different events and such.

Sorry for the rant. Please, continue on to chapter 9!

Chapter 9- Too Soon, Much Too Soon.

Lucy had a slight headache. Whether from boredom or lack of sleep; she did not know. She just closed her eyes, elbow propped on the bar counter of the Guild, and sighed.

"Lucy-chan, are you feeling alright?" Mira asked. Cana glanced at her above her beer mug.

"You're not sick, are you?" She asked.

"No, just a slight headache." She sighed and turned around, laying her head back and onto the counter, staring up at the ceiling. "I've been here too long! I need another job!" She exclaimed.

"Why don't you check the message board?" Mire asked, wiping the counters around Lucy's head.

"I already did, nothin' good." She covered her eyes with her forearm. She sighed. Her eyes hurt. She hadn't been getting much sleep lately, the nightmares were intensifying. They were scaring her. Sure, she would wake up on the floor sometimes, Natsu sleeping peacefully in the bed, but Levy had crossed over 5 times since the first dream. She was getting scared. It was just Levy, and it was the same dream over and over.

Cana and Mira watched Lucy thoughtfully. Was she stressed out for being dead for a year and a half? They didn't know.

Lucy was getting board. "Maybe I should visits my parents. . ." She said quietly and thoughtfully. She turned and crossed her arms over the counter. "Possibly write some more of my Fairy Tail adventures." Ever since the night with Natsu she had been writing her adventures down, narrating her life and adventures with Fairy Tail. She had started writing about helping out Loki when she decided to come to the guild.

Sill, her boredom hadn't been satisfied with the simple trip. One of the sources for her boredom was refusing the quest that Gray, Erza, and Natsu went on. She had planned on doing solo quests, wanting and waiting for the numbers to pile up, but there were no good offers.

"If you really want some high paying jobs, ask Erza to tag along on her S-Class quests. You could even come with me sometime." Mira said with a small smile as she leaned over the counter.

"Really? Thanks, Mira! I should I ask Erza bout it, too." Lucy trailed off as she yawned. She wiped her eyes. Maybe she should take a nap? She was sleepy but she still wanted to do something while the day was young.

That is, until the guild's door slammed open. Lucy picked up her head. The sound echoed throughout the guild, creating a dramatic effect to the silhouette of two men. One was lean and skinny while the other was quiet large and round. The skinny one held something limp in his arms.

"Help!" One of them called, rushing into the guild. They laid down the limp figure, something yellow-or was it orange?- onto a empty table that soon crowded. Lucy frowned and stood. She walked over to the table. One glance and Jet and Droy's guilty and traumatized face told Lucy she didn't need to see what was on the table to guess what was on it.