Sharing is Caring

I know, kill me! It's been way over a month and I apologize but my fingers aren't poppin out the right words, and I'm trying my best, and I'm not saying it as an excuse, but I finally have another pre-written chapter so I thought I'd upload this one. Enjoy.

I find it depressing how this is a NaLu story and how I was just gonna announce there's actually a small NaLu moment. . . Ugh, even though I'm the writer, I find such relief that they left that stupid chamber! It was driving me nuts and nearly backed me into a corner. I hate that mountain now, as writer it's my duty to destroy the entire setting of the chamber. I also had a hang-nail of a character that needed to be clipped off. Two birds one stone. Wow, I feel really evil now because of what I had already written.

Chapter 20- Sharing is Caring, Right?

Getting out of that hell took a lot longer than anyone had hoped. The spiraling staircase seemed to be endless, and the more they walked, the dizzier they seemed to get.

It was so dark, that not even Natsu's fire could scratch the black abyss above. That feeling made everyone jittery, and Natsu on edge.

The stairs looked like they could crumble at any second, so they hurried along in a fast pace, but also weary of the fast movments. It looked as though a butterfly could crumble the entire room. There had been many scares, such as when Gajeel, who had been carrying a very bored Venus, accidentally slipped and nearly sent Venus over the edge.

She didn't look so bored after that.

"You imbecil!" She screamed. "You could have killed me! Oh, if you drop me again, I swear to-!"

"Shuddap, or I'm really gonna send you to hell." Gajeel said, cutting off the crazed woman. He pointed down the center of the spiral. They were probably right in between the entrance and base of the stairs. Neither the top nor bottom could be seen. "That hell." Venus gulped and mumbled something.

She squeaked when Gajeel hoisted her over his shoulder again. "Ugh, whens the last time you took a bath?"

"When's the last time you stopped talking?"

After that, the stairs under Lucy had crumbled, and she had fallen. She probably would have landed on the stairs below, and then who knows what would have happened. Broken bones, tumbling down the stairs, or falling through again and again, but Erza and Gray caught her, holding her by her hands. When they pulled her up and over the side, she let out shaky breaths, panting heavily.

She gulped, nearly choking, and then stood. She stumbled slightly in her daze.

"T-thank you," they looked at her and nodded.

But now there was a large gap between Natsu, Erza, and Lucy and Gray, Gajeel, Venus, and Wendy. Gray could probably step over, but Wendy was too small, and Gajeel also had Venus over his shoulder.

"Ice Make: Stairs!" Gray said, and ice steps connected the two sides together. "Careful, it's slippery, and might be a little weak."

Gray stepped over, the ice not affecting him. Lucy brought out her whip and Wendy tied it around her waist in case she slipped and fell. She crossed over, and had slipped only once. She didn't fall thanks to the whip, which both girls had firmly grabbed.

Lucy offered her whip to Gajeel and Venus, but Gajeel refused. He walk on the ice, and walked over with relative ease. The ice below his feet were cracking, as if being punctured, but Gajeel remained unfazed and continue to walk. Venus closed her eyes tight and hummed to herself, trying to make light of the situation.

When he had finally reached their side, he let out a 'gehe' and showed them his boots. From his heal jutted a iron arrow stub.

"So, that's why you didn't slip, and the ice cracked?" Lucy asked. Gajeel smirked again. Despite the situation, the group laughed a little. It wasn't enough to make them feel more secure, but it was enough to move them forward.