Chapter 6: The Second Dawn.

BECCA'S JOURNAL:

They walked out from the ashes of a broken world wearing radiation suits and approached with caution. Aiming their guns at me, they were surprised to see me remove my helmet, completely unaffected by the radioactive atmosphere. "I'm here to help!" I called out, clutching tightly to the case carrying the gene therapy serum. The A.I unit implanted in my body assessed the best approach to take.

"Who are you?" They asked. I explained about Polaris, opting to omit my connection with the A.L.I.E code for the moment.
"I'm a scientist, what I carry in this case means survival for you and those that stand with you."
Lowering their guns, they motioned for me to follow and led me to a crumbling building situated next to a large foreboding tower.
The hatch to the bunker Chris had mentioned in his files was there. I felt hesitant descending down into it but my answers lay within as did what was left of the human race on Earth.

After decontamination, I entered what appeared to be a large facility, with a community of hundreds of people. The armed men and women took me into an office space and there I met the founder of The Second Dawn, Bill Cadogan. The situation was explained to him and the two of us were left to discuss what my presence here meant for those who had survived. There was a confidence to Cadogan, a subtle sense of ego to his nature I was wary of. His interest of what I carried in that case was apparent but he didn't seem surprised of its existence. I remained friendly and willing to help but incredibly cautious of the man I believed to have excecuited the devastation I had witnessed above ground.

"Its like the Gods have sent you themselves, Commander." He smugly stated, referring to the title printed on the space suit that now resided in the decontamination room.
"I'm no Commander and the Gods are no longer with us Mr Cadogan. What I am is a scientist and it's science that will once again allow your people to see the light of day.".
He simply smiled back.