Chapter 1: The Polaris Project.

We were always convinced we were doing the right thing, isn't that how it always begins?
As leaders in our fields of scientific research we sought to push the boundries of our work, trying to make life better for the human race and the world we live in. Yet we never stopped to question if it was our place to do so. Life has always had it's natural order of things and one way or another would  eventually remind us of that.

2043 was the year our work began to take shape, our goal to work towards the eradication of such diseases as cancer through our gene therapy project. For a time we were self funded mainly by the project leader Becca. It wasn't until our research hit development issues did we involve other investors.

Our simulations discovered that the gene therapy only seemed to  bind together in a zero gravity environment. An obstacle soon overcome in 2045 when The Eligius Corporation had expressed an interest in our work. They were a Government sanctioned organisation who were moving to resource raw materials off world  for cleaner nuclear energy. A mining colony on the asteroid Vesta had been formed and was being mined for Thorium by prisoners given life sentences for their crimes on Earth.
The gene therapy held properties that protected against high levels of radiation this also included solar radiation. Eligius needed their workers to be active in space for long periods of time without getting ill, our research would help them to achieve this.

An agreement was set, a purpose built space station was created and named Polaris. Eligius would have access to our results but we would maintain ownership and control over the gene therapy. The Polaris Project was about to change our way of life.