Chapter 14: A New Era

As time freed the world from its polluted past, we moved forward into a future above ground. The twelfth bunker was sealed and it's access blocked with the escape pod Becca Pramheda had returned to Earth in. The building became a place to honour her memory, a sanctuary of The Flamekeepers.

The spirit of the Commander threaded through our lives. What was once The Second Dawn's twelve seals of enlightenment became the twelve symbols of our clans.
The grand tower was the heart of our brave new world, a beacon of hope and leadership. We called this Capital Polis, neutral ground for all who wished to seek the guidance of The Commander.

After five years of leadership, Commander Arturo had lost his life helping to save the lives of his people from one of the many earthquakes that still plagued the Earth's fragile equilibrium. He was a man who carried the legacy of Becca Pramheda with honour, his figure now etched upon the wall of The Flamekeepers sanctuary as would all who came after him.

Over the years many Commanders followed in the footsteps of Becca and Arturo, but old mindsets once again began to surface. We shifted into a tribal state, Blood, territory and the desire for influence, now driving the twelve clan leaders. Political and social unrest had started to devour our way of life. For the most part The Commander maintained peace, but human nature had a way of forgetting the lessons of the past.

It had been almost a hundred years since the bombs fell and despite the tension between the clans, a great change was once again in the air. We all felt it, like a wave of energy washing over the land. New blood was about to flow through The Flame. A sense of balance and optimism became the light on the horizon.
A New Commander had risen, she had a strength that rivaled any warrior that walked these lands and a heart full of determination.
Long live Heda!