Chapter 3: The A.L.I.E Code.

The gene therapy proved successful by quickly repairing the body in cancer patients after radiation therapy, but we continued to push further with its health properties.
The A.I program had been helpful in performing diagnostics on how to streamline our research more efficiently. We wondered if it could be utilised for similar problem solving with  more issues that plagued the human race, a solution to end poverty, bring about political stability to prevent war, the list was endless.

Becca & Chris had spent additional time improving what was now known as The A.L.I.E Code and in 2050 a substantial amount of funding was pledged by an anonymous donor after Chris had attended a scientific convention to present a talk on the potential of the gene therapy and the A.L.I.E project.

By 2051, at the age of 26, Becca had discovered a pathway to access the human mind, hoping in some way to combine the A.L.I.E code with the human body.  Cybernetics could make it possible but A.L.I.E seemed to prefer a holographic image, an avatar created to look like Becca. 'It' now became a 'she' and her level of self awareness and self development became increasingly alarming to Becca.

It was small things at first like switching electrical equipment on and off, then more elaborate developments like re-programing our systems to work more efficiently.
A.L.I.E worked solely on the basis of logic, when asked what she considered to be the root problem of life on Earth, she simply responded, "Too many people!" At this point her code was firewalled, the relevant aspects were to be de-fragmented and used for other projects, the rest wiped clean shutting the program down.
A.L.I.E had other ideas on what was to be the outcome of her coding. We should have destroyed her completely, we should have realised we were no longer in control.