ll

"Bethany! Wake up!" I lazily opened my eyes to see Max crazily shaking me," what do you want max?" I said. "It's time to pray for our god." "Owkay," I said getting up and changing into my usual small shorts and raggedy shorts. Mum came around the corner dressed in a white smokey skirt and black top. "Alright children, let's go." Mum took Max's hand and he took mine. We began to walk out side into the ash-ridden streets," m-max." I whispered," What?" He replied, I checked to see if mum wasn't paying attention. "I saw triangle head," I said quietly,"WHAT?!" Max said in a loud whisper. "Keep it down!" "What happened? How did you live?" Mum looked down at us as we turned a block," keep it down both of you. We don't want the demons to come after us." She put her index finger to her lips and went back to walking.

"Look, I fell asweep and then I woke up to see him 'heir." My lisp had jumbled my sentence again," and then?" Max asked in interest. "You won't believe me," Max grimaced," I will. Promise." We stayed silent for a moment, many other members passed us- more grubby and disheveled as ever. They soon passed in front of us and turned the next block. "I made a small shift and he stopped and dragged my 'bed' almost out side." "And?" Max said slightly as if he were listening to something out of the bushes. "I dropped out and began to creep to the lobby but then I sprinted because he saw me." There was a pause," the demon caught me and returned me back into the room." Max's eyes went wide with the usual six year old surprise. We approached another corner and turned it  to see the church in front of us. "How?! He never spares someone." "Well when he picked me up, he put me up to his eye level and seemed to hesitate." I know a lot of big words, the head would normally teach us some stuff because we needed to know how to answer our gods. "The demon also carried me like a babe." Max was about to shout in pure surprise but I covered his mouth with my good one and he stopped. "You don't believe me?" I continued to speak quietly," no I do. You never lie, to me or anyone else." I hugged my brother," thanks bro." He hugged back when mum looked at her watch. She got the most terrified look on her face," children, please, well have to run now." We started to run in a pretty quick pace, we were at the church steps now.

The sirens began to blare, the block we previously ran from started to become rusty and chip away into darkness. Mum pulled us into the church, as the doors began to close, something welled around it.  A giant figure, with a bloody metal head. The doors slammed shut and were locked from top and bottom; there were some frantic bangs on the door. What made it worse is that screams erupted from the other side, I heard blood spattering and flesh and bones ripping apart. Then there was a light knocking on the door, some of the men pushed against  the door to barricade it. Mum dragged Max and I over to one of the kneeling chairs as everyone else but the barricades started to pray. The head walked out and began to lead the mass with her usual sacrificial lamb. The knocking soon turned into banging and now actual slamming into the massive church doors. The head finished the first prayer and then ordered for all children to be put in the 'safe area.' Though there's no safe area ever in Silent Hill. Mum once again led us and about eighteen other children to the hidden door behind a painting of our god. Once we were in the quite spacious area, mum kissed our heads and shut plus locked the door. Max, two other children and and I went to the peep holes. I went to the one farthest from the group, we quickly conceded with the others that if they made a move they'd die. "All of you listen up," I said as sternly as a six year old could," if you move none the less all of us will die. Not to mention anyone already at the peep holes trust me, stand your ground until a loud noise is there so then move quickly to a safe spot." All of the rest of us nodded in unison as we quieted down and looked out into the church.

The doors began to spastically shake and then suddenly stopped. The atmosphere seemed to suffocate us all, it was stuck in suspense. Like at the climax of a play and suddenly ended. Wood instantly went flying outwards to the head, they shielded themselves. Triangle head burst through the doors as the barricaders went flying back and being impaled by the shards of wood. He walked in with his gigantic meat bloodied meat cleaver; making a large ear piercing yell, the head was nowhere to be found. Triangle head picked up one of the fallen women and skinned her flesh dry. She was just a muscly skeleton now. I almost lost my dinner. Not even that, he stopped to sniff the air, the demon looked in our direction. He smelt us.