X

Blackness... I can hear though. Sirens are blaring, the area that I'm in is slowly becoming more twisted and dark. The ground is soft on my back, probably in the hospital with nurses swarming me. That's ok, I don't think I really want to feel this pain any more. Speak of the devil, why can't I feel anything? Know for damn sure I can't open my eyes. "Are you ok?" The voice again. "Fine I guess, am I able to see." I hear a small girls chuckle. "We're not sure yet, until then rest." "The last time I was told to do that I ended up becoming blind." "Fair point, but you're not going to want to be awake for the next thing we're going to do."

Max's' POV:

Bethany isn't back yet, is she ok? I could have heard screaming but maybe not. The dammed lost souls here keep on luring all of us away to get eaten. I ran over to mum and tugged on her ripped skirt. She was talking to the man about Douglas," mum, sis isn't back yet." She stopped and bent down to my eye level. "Sweetie, I can promise you that we'll go look for her but we need to find shelter." Shelter? For what? A distant noise echoed through the hotel, the sirens. Blaring each time every two hours or so. Mum dragged me to a deep cabinet that could hold three or more people. She kissed my head and shut it; the adults hid somewhere else. I don't know where, but maybe in that side of the hotel. I curled up into  a ball and went to the corner of the small space. I felt a hatch under me. Bethany and. I would sometimes use this to hide even more. There was an even small room beneath me, though we only used it for really bad emergencies. Like the time those plastic women came through, a blob of them too came by.

The poor women though, the thing smelt us too. That wasn't good, so we went in the floor. Good times. A long time passed, in that time I spent it talking to myself quietly. That's normal... then there were footsteps. I'm not sure from whom but their breaths seemed labored. A deep murmuring came from them, I scooted over to a peep hole and saw a man in a trench coat. His face was bloodied up and his hands swollen from burns. " Need to... need to..." Shink! A saw blade cut through the mans head as his top half slid off and hit the floor. The body remaining fell to its knees and turned towards me. The mouth began to speak," tell them to stay safe." The body seemed to fall face first and twitch a bit. A ivory skinned lady came walking in she had blades lining her head and no lips. Her teeth were yellow and clothes nothing but cloth. She held up her arm only to see a large blade for a hand. With her good one she grabbed hold of the mans trench coat and dragged him away. Like nothing happened. After that, no time passed and the sirens rang again. The area became its somewhat 'normal' appearance and the creatures seemed to go back into hiding.

Mum always taught me to wait five minutes after that. So in that time, the town reformed- a creature got stuck in the wall paper and died- and I could hear Bethany's soft humming. Mum came over to open the latch, she hugged me whispered into my ear," do me a favor, your sister is inside of the hospital. Can you go get her?" I frowned at her," I'm seven years old and you want me to walk into a hoard of nurses to get my sister?!" Mum nodded shamefully. "Yes, but we can't loose any more grown ups." I scowled for a moment," and I bet you can't loose any more children." Mum gave me a stern look on her face and rustled my black hair,"that may be true but we need to find your sister, the head will not be pleased with the news." Mum handed me a large knife that almost weighed me down," now go quickly before she comes here."
I kissed her cheek and ran off out of a back boarded door, the hospital wasn't too far away... but it was sure as heck hard to breathe in the ashen fall.