XV

Max's POV:

Bethany is alright thankfully. My vision is blurry. I can hear heavy footsteps circling me, the ground feels like wood. And the sun is blinding me. Wait... the sun? I rubbed my eyes and my vision cleared slightly. I heard a metal lock to my right; I raked my head to the direction it came from and saw a disheveled blond man possible bolting the green door shut. Something banged against it, the man flew back and grabbed something. The middle of the door spit.

A large cut up hand and arm reached in. I could hear the anguished cries of pain from him. The arm is getting closer to Bethany, but it stopped in the middle of the sunlight. His arm set a flame and began to chip away. There were more cries in pain now screaming. The remnants of the arm quickly retracted and heavy foot steps echoed away.

The man once again was at the door, he fired a shot gun shell and picked up a crow bar and bent back the door. "Hey kid." I heard you, what do I say. "Hey!" I bolted up my head and faced him. He had a 12:00 shadow and his dirty blond hair blocked my view of his eyes. That olive green coat seems familiar. "I swear those folks get more and more brain dead." He locked up the door quickly dented it back in place.

"It..." that was all I managed to say. "Started to decay and retracted into the darkness. Yeah I've heard it before." He walked over to me and held out a bandaged hand. I shakily took it. He hoisted me up. "Is your sister or girlfriend or whatever ok?" I looked back at Bethany. She was sitting up trying to find the wall.

I waddled over to her. And put my hands on her shoulders. She looked up at me and mouthed my name. I nodded and helped her up. "Is she ok or what?" The man walked over to us. I realized how tall he was. "Now," he sat down," what brought you folks here?"

--- ----

Happy Halloween! :D
- Decaying Author